Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Gowk's Will

Group Leader
@pumaballs this might just be because I'm not an English native speaker.

But I'm a bit confused about "gave me an impression of the Hou household" on pg 34. If I'm asked this, I would answer "Hou household is a crazy family" as my impression.

But based on the image, MC asked for a stamp with the Hou family symbol. Can you help me understand?
It wasn't really clear, but i assume its the aunt asking for an impression of the family, i just made it so that she was the one to give her opinion about it instead of asking.

Double-page supporter
But I'm a bit confused about "gave me an impression of the Hou household" on pg 34. If I'm asked this, I would answer "Hou household is a crazy family" as my impression.

But based on the image, MC asked for a stamp with the Hou family symbol. Can you help me understand?
Different use of the word "Impression", though yeah, the wording sounds more like what you interpreted it as.

An "impression seal" is used to stamp the family crest into hot wax. It would typically just be called a seal.

Well, my opinion is that it's far from the worst translation I've seen, but it's got a lot of those kinds of strange wordings, which are probably just a bit too literal.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't really clear, but i assume its the aunt asking for an impression of the family, i just made it so that she was the one to give her opinion about it instead of asking.
Wait, so you, the translator, also thought "impression = opinion" here? Okay, so my interpretation wasn't wrong per se.

@mdwnettleton thanks for confirming that they were talking about seal/stamp. I didn't know it's also called impression seal.

Group Leader
Wait, so you, the translator, also thought "impression = opinion" here? Okay, so my interpretation wasn't wrong per se.

@mdwnettleton thanks for confirming that they were talking about seal/stamp. I didn't know it's also called impression seal.
yeah im not the greatest translator sorry

Dex-chan lover
This is trying to justified the execution of that guy. In the war time, it's possible to execute deserted soldiers. So this guy doesn't need to be more justified to be executed. Poor mob soldier A-kun

Group Leader
Our MC is a master-baiter!

This has been really interesting so far. Quite a shame that Iread this a bit too early as it only has few chapters out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread