Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - What I See

Dex-chan lover
You maniacs! You blew it up!
giphy.gif

Oh no! I was wrong! It was Earth all along! You finally made a monkey out of meeeee!
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
So the same premise as that one reincarnation manga with a cyborg MC name Noah then? Where humans evolved into different fantasy-esque races.

And damn to think that using this premise now counts as lazy. Funny cuz I pretty much don't see this kind of comment in that other manga I mentioned :haa:

Dex-chan lover
total lil scheming mastermind inn'e? rather surprised the countries on that map don't have the drastic warping of most contemporary maps of the day. cartographers deliberately screwed up the lines for job security, so anyone attempting to navigate by those maps without hiring a cartographer for their ship would get hopelessly lost. it would still be recognizable as earth's continents, but a la fun house mirror style.

Dex-chan lover
So the same premise as that one reincarnation manga with a cyborg MC name Noah then? Where humans evolved into different fantasy-esque races.

And damn to think that using this premise now counts as lazy. Funny cuz I pretty much don't see this kind of comment in that other manga I mentioned :haa:
I came across it in Helck, except the human forerunners are dead, we learn it through the story.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I despise the trope of fantasy worlds being Earth, but in the future. Well, so be it. I have raised myself on a steady diet of trash, so this much isn't enough to throw me off yet. I will just pretend that it's an alternate-reality Earth until proven otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
total lil scheming mastermind inn'e? rather surprised the countries on that map don't have the drastic warping of most contemporary maps of the day. cartographers deliberately screwed up the lines for job security, so anyone attempting to navigate by those maps without hiring a cartographer for their ship would get hopelessly lost. it would still be recognizable as earth's continents, but a la fun house mirror style.
Imagine trying to cross the Atlantic with a Dymaxion map lmao

Dex-chan lover
Oh nyo! He was reincarnated in a fantasy world where the author was too lazy to make original geography and just copied our world!
original geography ,to me always sucks i always like to see a what if scenario magic existed in earth and fantasy races. Dont get me wrong but lots of times original geography just sucks and doesnt make sense and makes me wish i could forget that whole land mass, like its always a pangea like world in most isekai since they cant just make the mc colonize the land as that would be the mc being without a doubt a baddy. or have a pirate republic/monarchy kingdom in big arquipelagos.

Dex-chan lover
It could just be a parallel earth situation, the same one used as "Santairiku Eiyuuki" with the geography just being Greece.
Though in my opinion, using Earth's own geography is way better than making a shitty original one, as it could just not make sense at all, as geography literally shapes how different cultures are made and how countries begin and end.

Users who are viewing this thread