Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - What I See

Double-page supporter
Well, at least until where I'm in the WN, this (Earth) is tied to the plot

Dex-chan lover
So the same premise as that one reincarnation manga with a cyborg MC name Noah then? Where humans evolved into different fantasy-esque races.

And damn to think that using this premise now counts as lazy. Funny cuz I pretty much don't see this kind of comment in that other manga I mentioned :haa:
What is the name of that series?

Supporter
Huh, score a point for not being reincarnated in Japan. I wonder if in the next chapter he starts wondering about rice and soy sauce...
P-please don’t even say that as a joke.

Japan might be the demon island or something silly. Or maybe he’ll just use his knowledge of geography to discover the Americas.
in order to make chocolate

Dex-chan lover
P-please don’t even say that as a joke.

Japan might be the demon island or something silly. Or maybe he’ll just use his knowledge of geography to discover the Americas.
in order to make chocolate
He could go on a Scrooge McDuck adventure to round up culinary treasures from around the globe! Chocolate from Mezo-America, Soy Beans from China, Coffee from Ethiopia, etc.

It’s weird that some of you consider alternate timeline/parallel earth a “lazy” trope considering it’s a staple in the fantasy genre.

Not to even mention that even when stories use a different planet they some how measure days, weeks, seasons, and years the same, and miraculously have the same plants and animals with slightly different names.

same old earth, maybe another reality, or distant future?

anyway, thanks for this good translation

Dex-chan lover
You thought it was knock off ff but it was actually Vinland saga. Where in Scandinavia do they even have giant verdant valleys like that? I thought it was all fjords and puffins.

Dex-chan lover
Oh nyo! He was reincarnated in a fantasy world where the author was too lazy to make original geography and just copied our world!
It's also an interesting prospect in which he knows much more about the world's cartography than even it's native.
Like.

A whole different unexplored continent of America.

Yuuri got to have more advantages to even stand to live as a race that's near extinction due to war.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's also an interesting prospect in which he knows much more about the world's cartography than even it's native.
Like.

A whole different unexplored continent of America.

Yuuri got to have more advantages to even stand to live as a race that's near extinction due to war.
true. if worst come to worst, he could take his family and the birds to flee to the other continent (america or Australia).

Dex-chan lover
true. if worst come to worst, he could take his family and the birds to flee to the other continent (america or Australia).
It's hard to go to Australia without stopping through Human's territory, going north is suicidal as well without proper preparation, going to America tho you only need a good navigation system, a lot of food and drink reserves, and faith.

Group Leader
Can't wait for him to (re)discover the pinnacle of all swords, the katana.

Anyway, this seems to be a good spot to put this manga on-hold for now. Gotta let it have more chapters to read.

Fed-Kun's army
There are trillion of stars in a galaxy and somehow the constellation are the same, the bullshittry from this author is on another level lol

I was expecting vega, deneb and altair would be used too tho lol

Dex-chan lover
on one hand, I lament the fact that the author just use real earth as a basis to this fantasy world (lack of creativity and whatnot). on the other hand, I must accept the fact that real world geography is much more awesome for story setting than any fantasy world I came accross.

Game of Throne series is rather simplistic in design with nary an archipelago type nations to speak of.
Elder Scroll series is rather lacking with only 1 big continent (which only had like 7 kingdom in it) and 1 other weird continent accross the sea (snake people stuff).

compared that with real world, we at least got 4 diverse sea setting IN EUROPE ALONE. Mediterranean being the open sea (not ocean) with warm climate and mysterious land to the south. Black Sea being slightly colder and more inland yet still connected to the mediteranean. North Sea being the open sea with cold climate and mysterious unknown (at the time) to the north. and Baltic being the Black Sea counterpart to the North Sea. while the nations we got France area which is having access to both the North Sea and Mediterranean. Italy which is smack down in the middle of Mediterranean. Germany which is rather inland yet possess vast area. and then Eastern Europe/Russia with endless steppe of the east in their border (perfect for "here be dragon" fantasy setting).

Users who are viewing this thread