Hoshino-kun, Shitagatte! - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
FUCK YOU DISCO HOSHINO!

AAAAAAAAAAAAaahhhhH!
This must be a trap!
This chapter is disturbing.
After the 7 previous chapters, this one has a mood more similar to Makoto Ojiro's stories, it disarms you. And... Yamada is too pretty.

Yamada is a character created and drawn by Makoto Ojiro, for that reason she is attractive by nature, however apparently she was created to look beautiful, and in this chapter her beauty reach a sobrenatural level.
This otherworldly beauty combined with this unexpected behavior makes this chapter feels strangely threatening and sinister (to me).

After the last chapter and got the impression that maybe this series still hadn't revealed itself, perhaps it's starting to do it now?
This was the first one with a double page.

Dex-chan lover
"What will this cost me?"
Me:
cost.png

Dex-chan lover
Ya know. I give up. I'll stop trying to figure out where this is going. Jesus take the motherfucking wheel and let's see where we go. 🤔

Double-page supporter
I was gonna say fam, something must be happening now then, surely.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter made me dream again.
Makoto Ojiro reached the pinnacle of the art, I look at her pages and think, "this is unfilmable".

It's easy to do a movie like they did with Insomnia. This story is the same, the cast acts the same characters. But even if the direction, photography and sound were better, I still think it's impossible to reproduce the mood her pages exudes.
Specially nowadays, with digital cameras of the highest and most pristine image quality.

The stories Makoto Ojiro draws belong to long past cinematographic age, with other technical priorities and technologies.

I can't imagine her pages filmed on anything other than 35/16mn film stock.
I feel they demand those particular colors, contrast and texture of the past.

b02ab5f49a988144.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I kind of appreciate how her brattiness isn't the paper-thin 'it's not like I like you, d-dummy' shtick. She seems like a deeply disturbed piece of work, if you get past the exaggerated mean-spirited comedy routine.
She's obviously short on cash, and I guess her idea of a breadwinner is a pessimistic picture of a black company worker willing to do back-breaking labor for pitiful scraps without a word of complaint.
Thank you. This chapter is actually pretty good. I love this manga but now I'm intrigued. It's pretty clear she has issues (like actual issues) looking at her home condition and how she acts around him.

If this series try to go into the serious narrative route and do it badly, then I would rather it stays as a goofy ass slapstick gag manga. It's very difficult to do both, and I don't think the comedian has the writing chop to do it. With that said this was an enjoyable chapter

Dex-chan lover
Oh come on, yall bitches bitching here have to agree that balcony locking scene was funny lol.

None of you get it, shes playing 4d chess and you are all too short sighted and dim witted to see it

Users who are viewing this thread