Houkago Kitaku Biyori - Ch. 22 - Let's Enjoy Christmas

Handholding scenes ruin the comment sections of these manga anymore. Same tired joke about handholding being lewd, like people that say "it didn't scan so it must be free" or "I printed that bill this morning" while at a checkout in a grocery store.

That said, they're unironically cuddling in public. Albeit platonically, but yeah I feel like this manga won't be as long as some others.

Fed-Kun's army
how the hell are we only in early 20's? there's so much development I feel like this boutta end soon lmao

Dex-chan lover
Everyone else goes on about the hand-holding. But it feels like they're all missing out on super-adorable tiny Chokki-chan from those flashbacks. LOOK AT HER! LOOK AT HOW ADORABLE SHE IS!
Widdle baby Chokki-chan interrogating her parents about Santa.:wooow:

"Tell me... Where were you on Christmas Eve? What are your stances on breaking and entering?"

Dex-chan lover
if there's a lesson in this manga, it's:

teenage girls are the ones as close to this ideal as it gets, so.. get you one.

Dex-chan lover
First things first: making anyone go out with bare legs in such weather is a crime against humanity.

Now with that out of the way, I can go chronologically:

Santa suit is baggy on her. She looks really skinny and fragile. My type
I like how both of them freaked out when discovered about combining events. Now they think alike
And Chokki-chan's resentment towards being an adult is as adorable as ever
And yeah, I like how she invited him to put his hands in the pockets too. That happy smile, damn
Seriously, when you understand things are too good to be true, is the moment you stop treating things as a given, and start appreciating them for real. I guess, that's why her parents simply confessed, they knew she'll be angry or sad from insincerity.
Author didn't forget to add lamp into the parents' interrogation scene. Neat!
About keeping telling the same lie, generation to generation. It's because people want to make for their kids the same magical and festive athmosphere they experienced themselved when they were kids. I don't know if it's "romantic", but it's definitely warm and cozy to think about.
Page 15 is a sucker punch. Such things should be forbidden by Geneva conventions or something. I know that they're on a winning streak of doing all the things lovers do (like "next year I'll be preparing for the uni so I want to spend this year's event with you") and more, but man...this is illegal.
And yeah, Shun-kun lying down on her to hide his embarrassment is peak "ordinary japanese highschool boy", I'm taking down my hat.

Oh, and if I haven's told it yet, I really like this art style. Especially how girls are drawn. Though in this manga we don't see many girls, the most was in ch.4 I think. But Naoki alone is plenty

Thank you very much for the translation

Dex-chan lover
The way he leaned back on her playfully is suchna couple thing to do.

Also, LEWD HANDHOLDING.

Dex-chan lover
I LEGIT THOUGHT THEY WERE DATING FR AND IT WAS SOME OFFSCREEN CONFESSION OR SMTH ASLDKFJHASDLKFJHASDLKJFHASLKDJFH

he put his fingers in between hers, there was no reason he had to do that but I'm happy he did. at this rate we'll be getting the wedding at chapter 30.

She looks so happy! Ohmagod i can’t with this stuff dude! I need them to get together!!!

Dex-chan lover
if there's a lesson in this manga, it's:

teenage girls are the ones as close to this ideal as it gets, so.. get you one.
Kendrick_Lamar_-_Not_Like_Us.png

Users who are viewing this thread