Houkago no Idol ni wa Himitsu ga aru - Ch. 40 - Kuromiya-san and responsibility

Supporter
Not sh*tty parenting. Because that implies that the parent is over all a bad parent. But rather, just too much pressure

This is more sh*tty communication....

But more the fact that he felt the pressure. He probably wasn't doing all that well when his mom was complaining or he was doing worse, so she just got mad.

But he probably took that to mean he wasn't good enough and had to do harder....

Mom's intention was probably only for him to try his best....

But she didn't bring that out well so for him, it was more him thinking he wasn't good enough...

So when he hears that his mom is happy with his score, what he's hearing is that he just isn't worth getting yelled at when she probably was happy that he was doing his best.
His mother doesn't even want him going to HS in the first place and placed unreasonable demands on him to be allowed to stay. He didn't take anything to mean anything; this is stuff we've seen her say and do on-panel in this series.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope his parents get called out and it's not just a "misunderstanding". I really hate when they do that.

Dex-chan lover
His mother doesn't even want him going to HS in the first place and placed unreasonable demands on him to be allowed to stay. He didn't take anything to mean anything; this is stuff we've seen her say and do on-panel in this series.
Yeah, he didn't magicly manifested PSTD out of nowhere all on his own lol. Implying that it's all about miscommunication is pretty fucked up in of itself. This stuff is the result of a pretty long and consistant abuse. Regardless of how intentional or unintentional it is.

Only thing i want from this arc is that everyone responsible to face the consequences including mother, sister and the retarded CF. Becuase in any other story, this would be the origin story of a phycopath who snapped one day.

Double-page supporter
Poor guy. At least the author is consistent in showing how shitty his mother is...really hope that this arc leads to him seeing how awful he has it with his family and start to heal from it.

Can someone punch his mother please?

How can she justify her method of "parenting"? This is child abuse. Constantly putting him down for not getting 100% except this one time, his PTSD from studying AT HOME, she still berated him for not cleaning his room because he was studying to keep up with her impossible standards.

I sincerely hope Hiruno leaves this house for the better.

Dex-chan lover
Since this is mangaverse, just expect the whole situation to resolve with a simple "i will take care of myslef a little more!" since the girl went to visit him and not a single adult to take responsibility as well as the sister and that autistic childhood friend of his. The theme of absolute respect to family members out of a pointless sense of duty is always the most strangest thing to me in these stories.

Dex-chan lover
What? This is atrocious parenting!
Killing off your kids' confidence hobbles their entire adult life, since it makes it harder to find work and stay in it, establish relationships, deal with adversity, exercise self care...
Even if Japanese businesses prefer employees that work themselves to death, his non existent confidence will hurt him whenever he's looking for work, since HR professionals are mostly idiots and just want to be wooed by used car salesman gab!
She wasn't trying to do that.

She wasn't trying to kill off his confidence or anything like that.

Her intentions was probably just to have him do his best.

He ended up losing all confidence. But I feel it's not fair to fully blame the mom. In the end, sh*t can happen, even if you are a good parent...

Dex-chan lover
Can someone punch his mother please?

How can she justify her method of "parenting"? This is child abuse. Constantly putting him down for not getting 100% except this one time, his PTSD from studying AT HOME, she still berated him for not cleaning his room because he was studying to keep up with her impossible standards.

Except she didn't do that.

All she did was probably want him to do his best. HE THINKS that she wants perfection. She doesn't. That's just HIS OWN THOUGHTS.

In fact, she praised him for his score... the issue is that HE BELIEVES she won't be happy with that.

It's his belief about what she thinks rather than her own actual thoughts.

He probably constantly wasn't pushed down, but she just wanted him to actually do his best. Which is normal kid behavior.

Group Leader
The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Parents need to be aware of the role they play in their children's emotions and motivations because sometimes intent is secondary to the fact that maybe some careless comments have caused lifelong damage to her son.

Dex-chan lover
man I just found out about this series today and now im stuck in cliffhanger :aquadrink:
nice series tho, great fluff

Fed-Kun's army
Except she didn't do that.

All she did was probably want him to do his best. HE THINKS that she wants perfection. She doesn't. That's just HIS OWN THOUGHTS.

In fact, she praised him for his score... the issue is that HE BELIEVES she won't be happy with that.

It's his belief about what she thinks rather than her own actual thoughts.

He probably constantly wasn't pushed down, but she just wanted him to actually do his best. Which is normal kid behavior.
tbf i really don't want another kurama neon type situation (check kamen rider geats if you want to know context). Yes he has atrocious self esteem and yes that's his own belief fucking up. But you gotta blame the mother for this too. He himself didn't start the fire.
My 2 cents: I really wish author could resolve the situation well. Shit like this will not go away after one "I'm sorry", especially if it has tortured him for this long. Kick the brocon character and we might be talking

Fed-Kun's army
it's good that Kuromiya cares for him enough to come visit him. It's her that's having a crush on him, not the other way around. So props to her to making progress

Fed-Kun's army
And speaking from the perspective of someone who kinda mind the inclusion of side character, i want them to somewhat play a role in comforting the mc. Making him suffer more would be excellent to further development, but we've already had kuromiya visiting him so

Dex-chan lover
This manga hurt so much to read... My father was like this, anything below 100% was a failure, and I also had to be great at sports (the day I was diagnosed with asthma, I got scolded so much, he punched a hole in a wall in “anger”). In 7th grade I went into burnout after being sent into advanced classes and still being expected to be the best in class...
Usually I would say “I didn’t have a cute idol in my life to help me”, but here I think the author have cleverly shown that he is seeing her status as another source of pressure. If he fail, it won’t be just the expectations on him that will be destroyed, but the expectations on her too…
Sorry for this ranting. This manga hit hard strings for me, and I needed to let it out.

Ok, actual comment about the chapter: GOSH I hate his family! F*** all this toxic Shit!

Users who are viewing this thread