Houkago no Idol ni wa Himitsu ga aru - Ch. 41 - Kuromiya-san and nursing

Supporter
The manager:
20240803223731-a4ff378b-me.png

Dex-chan lover
What i'm worried about is that the author throws this under the rug and doesn't have Hirano voice his worries to his family

Dex-chan lover
Now kiss, or something even more lewd.... hold hands with interlocked fingers

Wait how is she selfish lmao
"I ran away from everything besides work"
"But you, no matter how beat up you get, you always do your best for the sake off your friends"
"That's something I couldn't do. You have something I don't."
"That's why I admire you."
"When you get better, let's admire each other"

Kuromiya is admitting she is selfish when it comes to what she wants. Recall her saying she is a genius idol after all. She wants it all.

While she "admires" Hiruno for his selflessness when it comes to helping overs, she also wants Hiruno to be more selfish when it comes to what he wants. Basically she wants Hiruno to realize his own "selfish" desires, falll in love with Kuromiya, and ask her out.

It's like Weathering With You again. The author is trying to use an idol and ordinary kid's relationship to explore ignoring Japanese societal expectations in favor of one's personal desires.

Dex-chan lover
"I ran away from everything besides work"
"But you, no matter how beat up you get, you always do your best for the sake off your friends"
"That's something I couldn't do. You have something I don't."
"That's why I admire you."
"When you get better, let's admire each other"

Kuromiya is admitting she is selfish when it comes to what she wants. Recall her saying she is a genius idol after all. She wants it all.
Striving for your goals and wanting a lot isn't exactly selfishness ("Wants it all" would technically be greediness though.)
Being selfish in simple terms means you care a lot about yourself (Goals, pleasure, profit Etc.) while also lacking consideration for other people
Ignoring things you have no responsibility or connection to is not selfishness, that's just focusing on your own goals

I think he meant more like selfish for her dream way rather than selfish for her arrogance way.
As I stated above, that's more being focused on her goal, I definitely don't think it's selfishness since selfishness is being inconsiderate to other people which I don't think she is at all.

Dex-chan lover

While she "admires" Hiruno for his selflessness when it comes to helping overs, she also wants Hiruno to be more selfish when it comes to what he wants. Basically she wants Hiruno to realize his own "selfish" desires, falll in love with Kuromiya, and ask her out.

It's like Weathering With You again. The author is trying to use an idol and ordinary kid's relationship to explore ignoring Japanese societal expectations in favor of one's personal desires.
I just wish she could learn from this whole situation that she can't have it all and that she's been a burden to him by participating on this competition on top of helping her with regular school stuff. So it kinda worries me what she plans to do with "I'm a genius idol after all" when the best thing she could do is withdraw from the competition. Just say she's busy with idol stuff.
What she's going to do? Ask Mao to help her in his place? Just plain cheat using her influence?

One conceptualization of love is that love is admiration. You admire something in the other person, and that other person admires something in you. During the relationship, both individuals continually strive to attain that which they admire in the other. Each person in the relationship is simultaneously the teacher and the student: the teacher when showing the other how to attain what they possess, and the student when receiving knowledge. Through the relationship, each person continually finds something they admire in the other and elevates each other, making each person a little closer to absolute perfection, ontologically closer to God.

Kuromiya admires Hiruno’s ability to “no matter how beat up you get, you always do your best for the sake of your friends.” As she admits, “That’s something that I couldn’t do. You have something that I don’t.” Hiruno admires Kuromiya, “who’s always doing amazing things, showing me your resolve, your conviction.” Kuromiya admires Hiruno’s silent resolve and selflessness, while Hiruno admires Kuromiya’s explicit success and ability to outwardly voice her resolve.

Taking into account the prior conceptualization of love, Kuromiya’s statement, “When you get better, let’s admire each other,” is a confession of the deepest magnitude. It is not merely stating “I love you” or “I have deep affection for you”; no, this statement is a lifelong declaration of commitment to mutual betterment—done together.

Obviously, the author may not be aware of this conceptualization of love or may not subscribe to it. Personally, however, this is how I interpret it, since I find it more romantic this way, and there are enough context clues to support this interpretation without needing to contort the facts. I find it more romantic when love elevates, rather than settles for mediocrity, which is what the notion of "I love you the way you are" subscribes to.

Users who are viewing this thread