Houkago no Idol ni wa Himitsu ga aru - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Kuromiya-san and The Childhood Friend

Supporter
sigh-nichijou.gif

Childhood friends.
Please, they have suffered enough.
Justice for childhood friends!​

Dex-chan lover
The tragedy of childhood friends doesn’t stop even in this manga huh?

Though I’m not sure how I feel about Kuromiya being the one to propose the role switch so readily, and how the MC underestimates how well his childhood friend knows him.

Dex-chan lover
Never underestimate childhood friend knowledge. Though it does make me wonder if this is a case where she likes the MC, or if they're just only actually good friends and she's just trying to look out for him. It'd be unfortunate if she does like him since she clearly has no chance based on the title anyways, and I would feel bad since she seems sweet and is quite cute.

Dex-chan lover
Never underestimate childhood friend knowledge. Though it does make me wonder if this is a case where she likes the MC, or if they're just only actually good friends and she's just trying to look out for him. It'd be unfortunate if she does like him since she clearly has no chance based on the title anyways, and I would feel bad since she seems sweet and is quite cute.
Right there with you.

Dex-chan lover
@love09 I appreciate the translation work from you and your team, but I just wanted to point out some things.

"Gyaru" is NOT a girl who breaks Japanese fashion norms. It is a specific set of fashion norms in Japan, which can be summed up by blonde hair and tanned skin. If "gyaru" meant a Japanese girl who breaks fashion norms, then that would mean a Japanese girl wearing male clothing would be considered a gyaru. She wouldn't. Similarly, a girl could wear a construction worker's uniform to school. That wouldn't be considered gyaru either.

I'm fully admitting to just nitpicking, but whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread