House of the Sun

Group Leader
This remains, to this day, the greatest manga I have ever read

reb

Solid manga overall. I wasn't moved by it like I was with Love So Life and Last Game, for example, but it was a good read. But I wanted to see Daiki with the cousin at the end.

overdramatic and unrealistic story just some fantasy ... i dont recommend it if you're looking for more believable story

This is probably one of the best shoujo manga I have ever read, if not one of the best manga I've read in general. It is well-paced, super wholesome, and has a simple yet heartwarming story. One of the nicest things about this series is while it does have a lot of drama it always feels natural. No matter how annoying or cliche a direction the story went, it always felt natural and human, to the point where honestly no other story choices would have felt right. Also, even through the most drama-filled chapters it maintains a heartwarming, feel-good atmosphere that is characteristic of this series. If you have been holding off on reading this for some reason or you are just a fan of shoujo or wholesome manga in general, get your ass into gear and read this masterpiece, as it is honestly a crime to miss it.

Power Uploader
This is great manga... it's nice to see all the characters get together and build back their family bonds one step at a time.
Worth reading.

Dex-chan lover
Just finished this. This is probably one of the best romance manga and shoujo manga I've read. It's nice to see them go from lonely people to what they are at the end. "House of the Sun" is a really fitting name for it since it really makes you feel warm inside when reading it. There is a lot of drama and some love triangles but it never felt like the author overdid it. Though the drama with "Radical" went on for a bit too long. The ending chapters were really wholesome.

This is a fantastic manga, I read it while on vacation and couldn’t get enough. The characters are great and so is the art style. All the twists and turns make sense instead of it being “because shojou” highly recommend it to anyone who wants a good story!

This manga was great, but

The biological mom coming back feeling absolutely no remorse in the slightest left a taste in my mouth that was so bad I could not enjoy the last 5 chapters. I'm disgusted, revolted, and absolutely fucking fuming. You cheat, leave the kid, and then coax her back into your care without apologizing? The fuck? You belong in hell. The thirteenth fucking circle. Fuck you. And how the fuck is Mao so calm? She's family? FAMILY? FUCK that. If my kid did something like that he'd never walk another day of his goddamn life. I am so enraged. Why did you do this. Why. Just because people like this exist doesn't mean you should put them in your story. What the fuck. What the actual fuck. Not dissing the mangaka, but this is the first time I've wanted to enter a manga's world for the sole purpose of slapping a bitch.
"Just you wait, I'll get myself a good man"
The fuck? You cheated AND you couldn't keep the new relationship? Idiot. Trash. Disgusting. Rot in hell. You should make a whole manga where she just rots in the streets and I'd read the fuck outta that. You disgust me.

Good story, cute. Drama was nice without, and the characters have realistic struggles, not that shounen misunderstanding type crap. Mao best girl.

Dex-chan lover
this is what all shoujo should have been instead. nearly perfect. realistic male & female.

Aggregator gang
Gonna be honest, I’m mixed on this manga. There were some good moments and I like the chemistry of the love interest but the series felt overly bloated while only having 50 chapters. It felt pretty overdramatic and came off hard to read at points. A decent read but could have been better.

The mother’s such a piece of shit. Leaving her husband for some abusive dickhead immediately after getting married. Why even do that?

Tis is very beautiful, I can't stop crying and I think I can't sleep anymore. This manga is so beautiful and I hope in the future there will be a sequel so please pray to God.

this is by far the best manga I've read, it's such a good love story, I really hope that this series will continue in the future.

One of the best shoujo manga, I could hardly believe this is a shoujo with all the deep themes... yet it still was a charming romance. The growth of all the characters and the final moment of everyone coming together as a family is so satisfying.
I guess some might think it's hard to read because there is a lot of dark and depressing moments but the satisfaction u feel once the characters overcome it is truly wonderful... it's very well written so for me even the tragic parts didn't ever feel too much and the characters' reactions were realistic.
I loved it easily a 9/10 for me.

Best of the best, I enjoyed this a lot and felt connected throughout the story. Every Character was adorable and definitely not shitty like other shoujos. Loved it 😍🥺

Users who are viewing this thread