How can a user "upload" links to official (publisher) chapter releases? Is this even allowed?

I've been following My Hero Academia: Vigilantes for some time, and I've noticed that links to the official releases don't ever seem to appear. I've seen links to the official publisher chapter releases for other titles appear -- like for MHA/BnHA on MangaPlus -- but, I don't know if this process is automated for other titles with official releases... or what, tbh.
(Are titles uploaded on Viz.com excluded from this for some reason?)

It doesn't seem like providing a direct link to the chapter on the official publisher's website would be too much of a hassle, even when having to add in additional chapter info like its name, volume, etc.
However, I don't even know how to do that much.

Is there any way to provide these links? Or, if it's automated, is there anything I could do to get a manga added to the automated update system/list?

I also tried asking on the MHA:V comments page ~3 weeks ago, but never found a response so I'm hoping this is an appropriate place to ask.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
MangaPlus uploads are automated, because they're accessible to everyone outside of Korea/Japan/China, who have their own services.

Shonen Jump is only available in about a dozen countries, so those aren't catalogued on the site.

Supporter
As for the viz.com chapters, the link to the viz page is on the manga description, the individual chapters likely arent because most of them are paid to read.

@Trodsen : I'm unsure if that has much to do with it, because the link for the MangaPlus page is also on the manga description (also under "Official") for MHA -- but the individual chapters still get linked (automatically, apparently). The paid-to-read (after a certain date) idea may be more pertinent, but it's hard to say because both sites have a restriction on [free] viewing after 3 newer chapters are available (i.e. For the 4th-newest chapter: Viz implents a paywall, while MangaPlus ostensibly removes the older chapters entirely).

@BraveDude8 : thanks for the quick answer, even though it's kind of a bummer :|

Group Leader
Is there any rumour of integrating a similar for webtoon.com? Also how do placeholder chapters work? I've noticed some series that have active groups that prefer not to upload chapters to MD have had some users keep the series up to date by uploading "Unavailable"-type chapters.

the unavailable are specially uploaded by the admins. either for groups that dont want their releases here (nobody can view them). for tracking/archive purposes, and if they decide to come back they dont have to upload thousands of things all over again, just mark them as available (its happened before)

Group Leader
Ah I see, so at the lowest user group privileges, we don't have access to that mechanism. Would Contributor have that permission or would it be something higher ie Power Uploader to have that privilege?

Users who are viewing this thread