How do I blacklist a genre?

Does anybody know how to blacklist a genre? I really don't wanna see any horror manga while I'm scrolling through...

Dex-chan lover
Good question. I want to blackish "promotion" genre too because it tend to get mixed with "oneshot".

I'm watching this thread.

Update:
It can be done by go to Advance Search then look up for Filter icon. It shows options like this (I'm on mobile)
Screenshot_20230829-2054072.png

Double click the name to exclude. Pay attention on tag inclusion/exclusion mode too.

Limitation: you can't blacklist title that contains certain words, yet. Defined tags only.

Last edited:
Good question. I want to blackish "promotion" genre too because it tend to get mixed with "oneshot".

I'm watching this thread.

Update:
It can be done by go to Advance Search then look up for Filter icon. It shows options like this (I'm on mobile)
Screenshot_20230829-2054072.png

Double click the name to exclude. Pay attention on tag inclusion/exclusion mode too.

Limitation: you can't blacklist title that contains certain words, yet. Defined tags only.
Holy fuck, I'm just seeing this now but what the hell are you reading with that genre selection 💀

Supporter
it is good to be able to do it in advanced search (even if it lack some toggle like country, translated language) but it would be golden if you could exclude some genre at the account level, well excluding word in the title would be the golden thing as I can t count the number of "CEO" webtoon their is or "excluded from a party" that never make sense lol

Dex-chan lover
Word scale exclusion is not implemented yet. BUT you can simply scrape MangaDex's manga titles and its information, eg description, tags, alternative titles, etc. Then manually querying the desired results you are looking for; SQLite would do.

Users who are viewing this thread