How do i know a new chapter has been released?

LR7

Hi, i'm a new reader just joint recently, i'll be blunt and cut to chase.
i'd wanted to know how the notification function would notify me whenever there is a new chapter on my library.

I would love a reply soon

Thanks 😊

Edit:
And also, is there an app for the site?

Dex-chan lover
In the manga hit the big "Add to library button" then hit OK.

Then from MD main page under "follows" hit "updates". By reading the next chapter, the read indicator will go dark. Unread chapters are lit. If you want to read off-line. Use the program hakuneko. Then remember to hit "read" indicator after you download the chapter.

It's that simple.

Reactions: LR7
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi, i'm a new reader just joint recently, i'll be blunt and cut to chase.
i'd wanted to know how the notification function would notify me whenever there is a new chapter on my library.

I would love a reply soon

Thanks 😊

Edit:
And also, is there an app for the site?

1. Go to a series page
  2. At the top, press the orange (Unless you've changed your theme) "Add To Library" button (Unless the window is too small and it'll just show a banner icon)
  3. Change the status if you want but don't deselect the bell (it's what determine if you want to "follow" updates) and then press "Add"
  4. Go to the Updates page (the one above the library button), shows a list of chapters for followed series with the newest at the top
Also, if you're only interested in chapters in particular languages don't forget to change the "Chapter Languages" setting, either through the settings page or the profile menu (top right)

And in regards to an app, no, the closest to one would be a PWA ( https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/en-mangadex-app-how-to-install-it.1666186/ )

LR7

1. Go to a series page
  2. At the top, press the orange (Unless you've changed your theme) "Add To Library" button (Unless the window is too small and it'll just show a banner icon)
  3. Change the status if you want but don't deselect the bell (it's what determine if you want to "follow" updates) and then press "Add"
  4. Go to the Updates page (the one above the library button), shows a list of chapters for followed series with the newest at the top
Also, if you're only interested in chapters in particular languages don't forget to change the "Chapter Languages" setting, either through the settings page or the profile menu (top right)

And in regards to an app, no, the closest to one would be a PWA ( https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/en-mangadex-app-how-to-install-it.1666186/ )
thank you very much...

LR7

1. Go to a series page

So... I have to check for updates manually right?

Because it won't notify in phone's notifications

Contributor
I don't know if the official Mangadex app works, but a friend of mine uses an extension (PC) for multiple sites and receives direct a notification when one chapter is added. But yes, without apps/extensions you need to so it manually, being logged in and going to your Updates section, they're shown chronologically and if they have the open eye icon means that you haven't opened it yet while logged in.

Reactions: LR7

LR7

I don't know if the official Mangadex app works, but a friend of mine uses an extension (PC) for multiple sites and receives direct a notification when one chapter is added. But yes, without apps/extensions you need to so it manually, being logged in and going to your Updates section, they're shown chronologically and if they have the open eye icon means that you haven't opened it yet while logged in.
Thanks for the info 👍👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread