How Do We Relationship? - Vol. 3 Ch. 22

It always bugs me how people are more self aware in stories than they are in real life. I thought this one would be better but no. What Saeko did in this chapter doesn't happen, and you're naive if you think people notice when they're doing dumb shit. They've already lived a life full of noticing the negative side effects of a behavioral pattern and blaming it on some other factor. It can even push them to rock bottom and they still might choose to die on the path they're going on then change, and prove what people said about them is right. That said, Y'know what would bring the realism back to this manga? If Saeko decides to open up about some dark shit, and it hurts their relationship. Then she's left alone to figure out whether she was right all along about trusting people, or if her experiences just don't really count. Bonus points if people are constantly telling her what they think is correct without having any stake in it.

At least she's heading in the right direction. Letting yourself be vulnerable is part of being honest.

@Lhmac Exactly.. I actually have a pretty similar relationship dynamic like this with my girlfriend... I was vulnerable to people when I was younger and it only ended up pushing them away from me. I was looked down on and called disgusting for being gay. It is really hard for me to be vulnerable with anyone even with someone I have been dating for 5 years. It is hard for me to watch Saeko because I see myself in her and I know how disgusting it feels.

Fed-Kun's army
When the official English version came out, there was a bit of criticism of the title, How Do We Relationship?

Gotta say, it fits the serialization better. Yeah, tmfly stuck with So, Do You Want... but that's probably 'cause of the one-shot.

Fed-Kun's army
TL Notes page: Is that a diss on ol' Ben I see? LOL I hope Saeko won't turn out bitter later in life.

Aggregator gang
Does anybody know where I can buy that fish shirt?

“Three cheers for tiddies!” lol

Dex-chan lover
It would seem that Miwa is the difficult one but fuck Saeko is really good at sabotaging herself. I guess when your girlfriend is so hot you will get insecure.

Dex-chan lover
yeahhh they're breaking up.
rlly hope there's a miracle of some sort were saeko learns how to communicate

Users who are viewing this thread