How do ya'll download webtoons for translation purposes?

Group Leader
Can't seem to figure it out unless I'm going screen shot by screen shot, which no lol, is there a program? Only thing I've been able to find that's not inactive/broken was a chrome/ff plug in, but unfortunately it does not work on anything other than specifically the Korean webtoons website. Trying to nab raws off the Indonesian webtoons site bc the Korean version is heavily censored.

Group Leader
@gomichandesu

Yup, there is. Try this, It works perfectly fine for me.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/image-downloader/cnpniohnfphhjihaiiggeabnkjhpaldj

Group Leader
Arin-san, Cool story bro. Go back to reading what you like then. I aint called Trash-chan for nothin I guess lol

anyway, thanks @noxdes

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Depends on the source. Ripping images from one place may require some extra work compared to another.

Group Leader
@Teasday
yeah I got the chrome plug in linked to work, kind of. It still wouldn't let me just mass download the image files, got "forbidden" download error'd lol.
But, it gave me links to each "page" so I could just save as from there. Only slightly better than screen shotting everything, but it did the deed.
I don't really intend to do more than one chapter of it anyway lol.

Group Leader
@gomichandesu

Well, I do know of a way to download raws in their original quality from any website, It's just that it won't be numbered, but named randomly so you'll have to organize the number of the pages manually. Link me to the website and I'll send ya a gif on how it works.

Group Leader
@noxdes
I could manage that,
https://www.webtoons.com/id/drama/teenage-mom/ep33/viewer?title_no=1466&episode_no=33
try that chapter. Scroll all the way down the to end first, bc it doesn't load all the images right away

What you sent me before worked, I just had to like, go to each page individually and download it rather than downloading it all in one go. It tried to, but it was trying to download it as a website rather than the image and then gave me permission errors.

Double-page supporter
@gomichandesu why not just ctrl+S after you scroll down? Werks fine for me, although you still have to sort them manually.
Or make a screenshot of the whole page in chrome with an addon (ScreenShot Capture & Editor Tool werks), save in png, then crop in photoshop.

Group Leader
@Halo ctrl s wants to just download the webpage for me :/
I'll check out the add on, screenshotting all the way down was inefficient for me bc one page doesn't fit on the whole screen (without zooming out so far it makes the text illegible at least). It took a long ass time lol

Double-page supporter
@gomichandesu Yep, that's the point. It downloads the whole page and puts loaded images and other assets in a folder next to it. (note: that created folder is bound to the html file, so you'll have to move images somewhere else before deleting it)
1LYfVVA.png

Sorting this all would be a chore though (unless you want to fuck with Total Commander rename tool and capturing image order via javascript or some shit), using the screenshot method seems much more faster and painless.
(note #2: make sure you're not using the screenshot method with High-DPI Scaling ON in case you have a 4K monitor)

Group Leader
@Halo,
Oh! so it does? I never noticed the folder, just the firefox link lmao

As I've said before, I don't know computer shit lol.

Also you've seen my laptop before and roasted me on it Halo, lmao no need to worry about me having anything of quality haha

edit: after some testing, it does at least seem like only a handful of pages are out of order at least

Double-page supporter
@gomichandesu
Also you've seen my laptop before and roasted me on it Halo, lmao no need to worry about me having anything of quality haha
I thought it was Richman.

Anyways, have an OMEGA autistic solution:

[ol]Open a chapter, scroll down for all pages to load (make sure you scrolled from the beginning, webtoons remembers the last position you viewed that chapter and might put you somewhere in the middle, skipping earlier pages, which is bad)[/ol]
[ol]Open Developers Tools (F12), select the Console tab[/ol]
[ol]Run (copy-paste-enter) this command:[/ol]
[ol]
Code:
document.querySelectorAll('#_imageList img').forEach((e, i) => { e.src = e.src.replace(/(?<=\/)\w+(?=\.\w+)/, `page_${String(i+1).padStart(3, '0')}.${e.src.match(/\d\.(\w+)/).pop()}`)})
[/ol]
[ol]Do the ctrl+s method. [/ol]
Important: make sure you don't scroll the page after you run that command, otherwise the reader is going to fix filenames back to original.

5H7385E.png

Group Leader
I just use MangaDownloader, Imma give you link Mega

https://mega.nz/file/tmQmGAAD#8q0-f3WmrymP-GAT9iYtaRtPBWNV1NH-MARYRyIxtnw

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Halo
I was dreaming of replacing it, but it feels weird that you mention it. My budget is managed by my father, and it doesn't matter what, the answer almost always is "no". Then he asks why I don't ask him for stuff and have to smuggle shit with my mother as my accomplice.

How do you know all of those commands? Did you learn programming or do you just google it?

Users who are viewing this thread