How do you all go about deciding your waifus and/or husbandos?

Double-page supporter
It just clicks. Sometime for a single season. Sometime for years. Sometime for decades. 😎

Contributor
I got 3 criterias.

1) Looks fit my taste. No humongous Tits for example, I'm an assman.

2) Personality isn't Trash like a Tsundere. But more loving like a Yandere.

3) Doesn't have a dick.

So basically, catch my attention with looks. Keep my attention with Personality.

For me, the process of choosing a waifu is a lot of whether or not I actually like the story. If I can get invested enough in the story, then I'll start to absolutely love certain characters. If the story is bad or it's just not interesting, then no matter how cool certain characters are, it won't really matter.

Now when it comes to deciding the waifu of the series that I actually like, it's a lot about the character's personality and development. Looks rarely matter to me as much (although they certainly do help) because no matter how pretty a character looks, if their personality is boring and they're annoying, then I'm not gonna like them. Some examples of visually appealing designs but personalities I don't like include Chitose from Nisekoi, Uraraka from BNHA, Emilia from Re:Zero, and 02 from Darling in the FranXX. I specifically don't like tsunderes much.

I can't actually say what kind of personality appeals to me the most because I really don't have a specific one. I can say, however, a bunch of characters I do like. Rin Tohsaka (Fate/stay night), Saber (Fate/stay night), Caster (Fate/stay night), Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata), Arcueid Brunestud (Tsukihime), Ram and Rem (Re:Zero), and Megumin (Konosuba).

Well thanks everyone for your input. 🙂 It was interesting to read how you all go about choosing waifu, but I did not see anyone bring up husbandos though.

@May_Lily - I've never really had a "waifu" so I couldn't really give an example; however, if we're talking dating preferences (which is really what it all comes down to) then I'd pick a girl who is: kind, caring, honest, loyal, mature but playful, free thinker, emotionally open and patient, not afraid of being feminine, helps me to be the best version of myself without condemning my failings, loves herself, puts in effort and accepts my effort, a good sense of humor, doesn't like drama, etc. -- I could go on, but you get it. Obviously I'd want her to care about her body and try to look good, because I do the same as well. I don't care if she's smokin' hot, has big or small tits, or ass, as long as I feel the physical attraction as well. As for in bed, well... I'll just say I enjoy being in charge and leave it there.

As for people talking about "husbandos", it's a bit hard. I genuinely don't grasp the criteria women use to determine. I imagine it's much the same with some tweeks here and there. I will say that a lot of the male characters in manga are either incredibly soft, unassertive and dense, or they're goofballs who think exclusively with their dick. There's occasionally some who come across as more relatable, but more often than not I find a lot of them are side-characters, so we don't always get a good picture of who they are. I guess it depends on what you read as well, because likewise, a lot of the female characters can come off plain silly in their "devotion". There's also a large amount of cultural difference that makes it more difficult to really give feedback without sounding insulting -- if that makes sense.

It'd probably be best if some girls gave their feedback since it's clear I don't really get it lol. I guess the point is to simply find a character that you'd want to be with; if they were real. I don't think their marital or relationship status particularly matters -- it's just someone you'd immediately wife/husband up. Maybe I'm mistaken, though. For some it might mean something else entirely. I just wanted to give a hand since it seems only half your question was answered (waifu) and the other half is something that interests you, too.

Dex-chan lover
@May_Lily oh silly, husbandos are catered to women and we all know girls don't exist on the internet.

I'm not stupid, probably

@Happily_Grim
I just wanted to give a hand since it seems only half your question was answered (waifu) and the other half is something that interests you, too.

Well thanks for the attempt. 🙂 I enjoy reading your response.

I've never really had a "waifu" so I couldn't really give an example; however, if we're talking dating preferences (which is really what it all comes down to) then I'd pick a girl who is: kind, caring, honest, loyal, mature but playful, free thinker, emotionally open and patient, not afraid of being feminine, helps me to be the best version of myself without condemning my failings, loves herself, puts in effort and accepts my effort, a good sense of humor, doesn't like drama, etc. -- I could go on, but you get it.

I guess the point is to simply find a character that you'd want to be with; if they were real.

I have the same thought as well when it comes to waifu and husbando. It can be handy in giving one an idea of the kind of partner they would like to end up with, or if not that at least like to date casually (because not everyone is looking for a long term relationship).

As for people talking about "husbandos", it's a bit hard. I genuinely don't grasp the criteria women use to determine. I imagine it's much the same with some tweeks here and there.

I imagine it's similar to how we go about it as well, but with some differences. Particularly if I were to guess in general women would go towards both looks and personality. Actually now that I think about it one of the people I follow on youtube is a woman who did a video a while back in which she talked about her crushes growing up from television. I should give that a watch. Otherwise yes it would be nice to hear feedback from anyone who finds men to be attractive.

There's also a large amount of cultural difference that makes it more difficult to really give feedback without sounding insulting -- if that makes sense.

It makes sense. What is attractive in one culture is not so attractive in another, and depending on the person can rub them the wrong way. Still if you can find the right avenue you can freely share what you find attractive in someone.

I don't think their marital or relationship status particularly matters -- it's just someone you'd immediately wife/husband up.

I guess when one looks at it that way they can imagine what it would be like if they were in a relationship with a character who is already dating or married.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@Teddy
oh silly, husbandos are catered to women and we all know girls don't exist on the internet.

😆

Well if that is the case there are always the men who find male characters attractive. Perhaps they can offer their input as well.

Dex-chan lover
I am pretty dead inside usually, but sometime I turn the page of a manga and I suddenly feel an intense sharp pain in my hearth.
You could call it Love as first sight I suppose.

Then I get a little obsessional and start to make wallpapers and stuffs...
c3Aag3Qe_o.png
Hey, Good thing I am only interest in 2D, right?
I would be a Hell of a Stalker otherwise...

Dex-chan lover
the more to the left the bigger the point is
tomboys > short hair > voices > tiddies > personality > smol
Street Fighter Makoto, KoF May Lee Jinju, Tekken Leo Kliesen is my top 3 and a good determinant for a character I'm gonna simp main for.
KoF Vanessa is a locked on 4th and Garou B. Jenet is a wild card that I love because of personality same as KoF Hinako Shijou.
(Shoutout to Guily Gear A.B.A)

Dex-chan lover
Make sure they aren't a scorpion genocider, obnoxiously floating on a green goblin hoverboard and so high they pretend to Air DJ their own music they listening through headphones whilst killing humans, animals or spirits

Users who are viewing this thread