How do you find people to play with on MMO's?

I used to be really into SWOTR and PSO2 but the few buddies I had who played it stopped and it's not as fun just farming the content alone.
I tried looking for discord servers but they're usually massive and I can't really find people I gel with.
Sorry if I'm making some sort of faux paus, I am uninitiated in forums.
Thank you for any response!

Huh, what a coincidence, I liked those MMO's, too!

...but I'm afraid I don't have the answer you want, tho.
Most of my time playing those two MMOs are spent on solo content, and (SWTOR in particular) I usually just wait for some random guild to invite me and, if the guild sounds interesting enough, instant +15 friends, lol.

Sorry if this doesn't help 🙏

Dex-chan lover
I play swtor on and off usually I make a new toon jump on and look for a guild if they seem fun I ask people to do runs with me on fps and heroics. Ops when I feel like playing them.

Dex-chan lover
i make a list of my neighbors sorted by how likely they are to play video games. using that, i determine the priority of whose houses to break into and bug with recording devices. when i find out that one of them plays an mmo that would interest me, i create an account on that mmo and find ways to interact with them/join their guild/etc. after i start conversing with them, i occasionally drop hints that i'm in the same geographical area as them. eventually, if all goes well, they reveal that they, too, are in close proximity to me. we then find out that 'wow, crazy that we live so close to each other haha' and i gain a vidya friend and an irl friend at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
i make a list of my neighbors sorted by how likely they are to play video games. using that, i determine the priority of whose houses to break into and bug with recording devices. when i find out that one of them plays an mmo that would interest me, i create an account on that mmo and find ways to interact with them/join their guild/etc. after i start conversing with them, i occasionally drop hints that i'm in the same geographical area as them. eventually, if all goes well, they reveal that they, too, are in close proximity to me. we then find out that 'wow, crazy that we live so close to each other haha' and i gain a vidya friend and an irl friend at the same time.

Are they disappointed when they discover you're not actually a bigtiddyoneesan?

Usually you just play them a lot, eventually you find people with guilds in their tags that are not just AFKing all the time, and if you ask them to join up rarely do they reject players

I feel like im blessed & cursed when it comes to MMO‘s.
I almost always meet people when I‘m new to said game, who then want to hang out/do stuff together in game, but it never holds longer than a few days, either because I‘m too anxious to hit them up when I see them playing with people already or because they go “last online: 7 years ago“ on the next day. I also tried Discord servers, but I‘m in the same boat, they‘re huuge and I don‘t think I could find people I could click with on there. (Mostly talking about FFXIV)
Ultimately made me quit MMO‘s as a genre altogether, because what I like the most about MMO‘s is having a guild or just people you have fun with, but I guess I‘m just not made for that.

True that. It’s actually pretty silly since all it takes is just to ask. I find it more hard to be outgoing and actually ask compared to other genres. But welp.
you can definitely do it in MMOs, I played Rift a lot and many players are super open and chatty if you hit them up

from all the places where your anxiety hinders you to approach people, MMOs should be the last place

Dex-chan lover
Been trying to get back into Guild Wars 2 the past week, since I had a blast playing with a group of friends almost 5 years ago. Also struggling to find people to chill with! Honestly, I think joining a guild is the best way, but it might be hit or miss; either guild is too huge, or it's just a tight knit group of friends and it's hard to get in.

Thanks for the advice, everybody, I'll boot it up again and try to find people. I really do like PSO2 and chatting online. Thought VR Chat would be fun for me but I turned off my computer the split second someone spoke to me.

Aggregator gang
At New Worlds CBT I would go out talking to people in the city (with voip). Eventually I found cool and dumb people to play with, very fun times :)

Unfortunately I didn't kept playing after launch.. I really hope I find a game where I can enter the mmo's world.

Aggregator gang
At New Worlds CBT I would go out talking to people in the city (with voip). Eventually I found cool and dumb people to play with, very fun times :)

Unfortunately I didn't kept playing after launch.. I really hope I find a game where I can enter the mmo's world.
this one time I started singing unravel, then people made a circle around me and sang too

good times

Users who are viewing this thread