How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 13 - That's enough, dweeb! (2)

Group Leader
Bruh rip you guys, y'all are doing the actually legible chapters and yet getting less attention.

Power Uploader
@Lord_Farquaad It won't matter so much when we're all caught up and releases become weekly. This series is too good to be left to machine translators, that's all.

Thanks for the quality translations! Lol Gaeul is so cute xD

I remember how much I struggle doing the spin kick when I was little. I almost failed that test. 😭

0ps

Dang, when did Conor become UFC Middleweight Champion? Guess it must've happened between dodging rape allegations and sucker-punching seniors 😆. Really enjoying this series, reminds me of Weak Hero. Hopefully, since the author is Korean and seems somewhat interested in MMA, he gives a shout-out to the Korean Zombie.

ez3

Taekwondo ITF uses punches and kicks.
Not only fancy kicks like taekwondo WTF.

I do not know why, but I have a strong feeling that Gaeul and Hobin might become a couple later in the end. Like, didn't this happen in Random Chat?

Contributor
Um, just gonna point it out, spinning back kick is present in most martial arts that use legs. And most do.

Actually, the mere discussion of whether one art is 'better' than the other is a sign of an amateur. What decides the fight is not your style but your physical preparation and experience. It's not 'boxing' against 'jujitsu,' it's a fighter against fighter, always.

Also most martial arts are misinterpreted by unrelated people, since there is a thing called sport. Even traditional boxing in not the very same is the sport one. People watch sports where they earn point and get fined for injuring opponents and think that that's all there is. But for every sport martial art there's always the traditional version from which it derived.

For example in traditional karate you're taught how to damage people's eyes, kick them in the groin and anus (yes, that's right), damage their wrists, dislocate joints, crush Adam's apple, always hit 'beyond' someone's body, and to finish the fight as quickly and efficiently as possible (meaning basically trying to incapacitate your opponent with your fist move). All this is a big no-no for sports, and it looks vastly different from what most people think about when they hear karate. Same with most styles. So I personally would be more wary of someone who's done a martial art for years but never went to a competition than about a local champion. Coz you can't even compete properly in sports if you learn the traditional way.

But it would be silly to think that just because sport types don't learn to damage people for real they can't do shit. Their physical preparedness is insane.

If you want to fight don't ever learn how to, guys. Otherwise you can't fight, it's too dangerous for everyone involved. As the say in Asia, the true martial artists never fought in their life.

@Nopeace
I do not know why, but I have a strong feeling that Gaeul and Hobin might become a couple later in the end.
notsurprisedkirk.jpg

Conor in middleweight now? He's barely making 170lbs let alone 185 LOL
SILVA plz retire, its almost painful to watch you fight..

I love that the domestic fantasy joke made a comeback. Also, is it just me, but these guys’ fantasy with their dream girl kinda sweet? I mean, as high schoolers, having a happy domestic life kinda fantasy is actually quite nice — it’s like they’re looking for commitment. Isn’t that adorable? (yep, girl here).

That said, isn’t the chicken man wearing a taewondo uniform? Is chicken man an expert too?

Pretty sure the line-up of kicks they're talking about is from Fight Science. Uses the same numbers, martial arts (Except Karate), and everything. Funny how they included actual depictions of Tyson, Silva, and McGregor, but they turned the white TKD guy into a Korean and couldn't even bother redrawing Lateef Crowder. Also they skipped the part where Capoeira's Martelo de Negativa was the most effective. But eh, it's a Korean comic, I can't give 'em too much shit. I don't bitch if karate's shown to be the ultimate martial art in a Japanese comic either.

Users who are viewing this thread