How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - How to get hit without feeling pain!

@LoyaltyFriends Boxer for 14 years here. What they're saying is actually kinda true. An untrained fighter throws a punch with their should meaning if you can catch that punch before it reaches full extension it won't hurt as much as when it's fully extended. Same goes for weaving.

Now if they were throwing proper punches it'll hurt more but still, not as much as it would if you took the punch at full extension. And if they are trained, and you are untrained you're most likely not even gonna see the punch, just feel the hit. Remember, a punch starts from the feet, moves up the hips, through your abdomen to your shoulder, and travels down your arm to your fist. The fist is just the mailman for the energy you generate when you torque your legs/hips.

Footwork is king.

Contributor
Traditional karateka for 6 years here. (lolz, inb4 "something for N years" post next) While the things the author preaches here seem to be based on actual, albeit watered-down and widespread, facts, please take this all with a large table spoon of salt kids.

The author themselves clearly has practically zero martial art experience and it doesn't look like they counselled anyone who knows something too. For example, the take about the dominant hand was somewhat true, but the conclusion is completely wrong and outright dangerous. Even untrained people use their both hands in a fight, at least for balance sake. So chances are the opponent would just use their secondary hand.

Also any martial artist worth their salt would tell you that the most injuries come from fights with untrained people. Basically all real fights between trained people end up in a few minutes.

And what MC does here is kinda retarded. Again, the author took the actual proper idea of stopping movements before their reach their whole potential (this is usually applied to heavy leg swings in any case, hands are often far to quick), the idea of stopping it with your fucking head is harmful. You have to be an extremely trained professional to not only land their fist properly on your head, but to also avoid injuries. What author should've show is, idk, MC hitting the opponent's biceps while they perform this large poor box-style swings. Done properly (or at least lucky) it would heavily shake an unprepared opponent.

Anyway, all fighting manhwa is silly in terms of real world martial arts, so meh. Just don't break your thumbs by placing them inside your fists, lol. You'd be surprised how few people even know how to form a fist properly.

Aggregator gang
WTH author.... a punch is hurt if it connected, evading a punch is better than getting any punch at all... catching a punch with your head is hard and you'll still get hurt, unless you have a nerve of steel, a skull of adamantium and electronic brain, getting punched in the head will leave you shocked and dizzy for a moment at least.

I think the only realistic thing in this chapter is how most amateur throw a punch, pulling their arm and shoulder then throw a big swing, really easy to evade.

Ah, btw, i'm also kind of self defense practitioner myself, a sprinter athlete from middle school to high school. Running is the best self defense my friend.

I can't jump on the wagon when MC's drive for doing or striving is intertwined with hormonal delusion. But other than that it is pretty good.

He's reaction when he said, How to fight video begins now!🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Chicken taekwondo teacher or something is quite useful!! It's very effective! Wow!! I'm learning how to fight for real!!!😳😳😳😳😳

Super AWESOME!!❤️✨💖💖💖

Ah yes the... well... known... technique of leaning into a punch.... sorry that's just so stupid

Do korean high schools not employ teachers? Every high school manhwa is just a bunch of kids sitting in a classroom doing whatever the fuck they want with never a teacher in sight.

lmao they talk openly about money and shit in livestream

well i guess they didn't lie about their objective, it's make em more likeable

Dex-chan lover
thats kind of badass. but sensei sir...you forgot one thing...To BLOCK. if you want the enemy to hit your head and to lessen the pain by leaning your head to it...you could also do that AND block it you know?

the weaving part though,I dont get where he gets his dexterity from but he's able to dodge that fast enough? hes lucky the thug didnt go for haymakers, tackles or gut punches. I guess he plot demands that the thug only punches for now.

Also Kudos to Jiksae though. He actually is becoming more and more of bro (even though its for the views)

Users who are viewing this thread