How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 51 - You're a nutjob, eh?

Double-page supporter
@sima0192 Rather than obnoxious, Bomi's just flat out boring to me. She's pretty much just been motivation and deus ex machina waifu for Hobin, while having 0 characterization besides being pretty and nice.

0ps

Hobin better whoop those delinquents asses. Got to redeem yourself in front of Bomi.

@robloxoof The author hasn't given Bomi an arc of her own yet, thus the poor perception of her character. She's obviously hiding more than what has been shown, like the fact that she comes from wealth. Why she's keeping that from Hobin will probably be revealed in the future. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if she knew how to fight as well. Being childhood friend's with Korea's up-and-coming MMA star may mean something too (or not), like how the editor is actually a competent fighter.

Dex-chan lover
'This is manlier' No, it's not, there isn't a single person who'd look at someone letting some loser walk over them as manly or even worthy of respect, the whole 'let it go' is only valid when it would creat collateral damage or hurt innocent people.

That's why Vash from Trigun work while 99% of the Beta MCs don't.

Double-page supporter
@0ps That's true. I'm just biased from the author's other series, Lookism. Bomi reminds me most of Mira, who's also the beautiful, kind archetype and received little-to-no characterization after 300+ chapters. I'm hopeful she gets her own arc soon

Group Leader
@BalrogDeMorgoth It's not manlier, but it's a sign of maturity, even though it seems like that wasn't what Hobin had in mind...

Most martial arts instructors will advise you to not get into a street fight if possible. Hobin did the right thing by trying to deescalate the situation, instead of going Vegeta on them right off the bat. If the guys continued to pester them, then that's when he should fight back. Street fights aren't pretty, lol. Being a beta or alpha doesn't matter when you have to spend some time in a hospital or jail because you get stabbed or accidentally kill someone in a fight.

@robloxoof She could be a trap, just to make the cast more... interesting. >w<

Dex-chan lover
Letting the aggressor walk all over you isn't de-escalating anything, if anything, it just serve as an enabler and make them bolder, there's nothing mature about it.

Any course in de-escalation will tell you that giving in and looking scared will only make it worst.

Getting into a pointless street fight not being a good =/= you should be a bitch and apologise while being hit and insulted.

Group Leader
Of course I'm not saying that you should let yourself get hurt and not defend yourself. But it's best to try to deescalate the situation first, before you resort to force. If they refuse to back off, then it's time to fight back. Unless they rush you right away, trying to deescalate first, especially with that many witnesses around (they were even streaming), will give you an easier time dealing with the police afterward.

hmmm, hobin really is a moron, but that's why i love him XD. Gaeul best girl, so far bomi is still flat (char wise). I hope the author makes her a little deeper or just removes her because as she is, she's just a plot device.

0ps

@robloxoof Oh, I wasn't aware of his other work(s). In that case, hopefully he doesn't make Bomi a damsel in distress because that's just boring writing.

nothing says nggggggh like a shirt that says nggggggggggghhhh

Hobin should 100% sell that shirt as merch to boost his sales lol.

i love this story but it's getting pretty old how he gets completely emasculated constantly. you would think he would have gained some form of confidence by now. also what ever happened to him starting to like fighting? that lasted like two chapters and hasnt been mentioned again

Users who are viewing this thread