How to Fight - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - That’s Enough, Dweeb!

@ragingdragon yes a part is missing before his second "that's enough, dweep" you can check out the ch translated by the other team for the missing part

@Kendama hey i noticed in the other chp the "dweeb" was TL as "you maniac" but it seemed like it was a pun or something? can you explain it further? thanks for the chapter also

Power Uploader
@permisan Yeah, that's the problem with machine translation on a series full of slang, puns, pop culture differences and teen vocab. If their version were intelligible, we'd have dropped this long ago.

By our translator:

So, the title of the chapter is 적당히 해 10덕아. 10덕 when pronounced sounds like 씹덕, which means something along the lines of dweeb. And 씹덕 itself is a slang so no surprise they didn't know, even more so since it was spelled like that. Strange because seems like they got the gist of it when it appears in the chapter, although "maniac" is a very unfitting translation here.

My guess is that they couldn't make head or tail of the title, and then used the MTL translation for it (given the title of chapter 4, they're using GTrans; I don't read their chapters, but judging by the examples posted in the comments, they might be doing some minor polishing to hide their tracks). But as it appeared in the chapter and was the dream punchline, they probably tried a little harder to make some sense out of it. They still failed, but not by so much this time.

Dex-chan lover
Why, MC? Everything was going perfect... I guess they didn't want to roll the credits.

Users who are viewing this thread