How to Grill Our Love - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - When You're Feeling Down, Grill Some Steak

So. A frozen steak, thawing for only 30 minutes and thinking that it'll be at room temperature? And, only 90 seconds per side?
Must be an awfully thin steak...

Dex-chan lover
@AnonMan88 Beef in Japan is perfectly safe to consume raw, eggs too. They have beef sashimi and beef sushi there where the meat is raw. I ate beef sushi before and nothing happened to me. Unlike pork, beef doesn't contain parasite so there is nothing to worry about. My father has steak like this every time we cook steak and he is perfectly fine too.

Fed-Kun's army
hahah i can just imagine what their life with kids will be like xD teaching life lessons on the grill like pros

Dex-chan lover
DAMN YOU METRIC SYSTEM!

*googles*

Okay, so if the steaks are 2 centimeters then they're less than an inch thick (about 3/4s an inch)

So that's not too bad, it wouldn't take too long to defrost. But man, he must want it bloody rare if he's just cooking it for 30 seconds on each side. XD

@Haru777
i think it was 1:30 each side, and i think he buys them fresh from the market, so no need to defrost

Dex-chan lover
Rereading this and I know it is not NTR but man, don't you hate when authors use this hook to create drama?

Dex-chan lover
I have like zero experience in love relationship. But, even though it might be something hard to talk about. I believe its still better for her to talk to him whats up. Even a just a tiny clearer general idea is fine. Marriage is build strongly with trust after all.
Well, it's her fault for not being specific. As someone who is married, even you 101% trust your partner, it is always better if you know what happened to the other side.
Like macroblitz said here, you can be 101% trusting to your partner. But if youre unsure of whats happening, I believe the anxiety will eat you up. Still, mad props for this dude to be able to handle it very properly. GO MY GUY, go to your love.

Then again, we can safely say that they married on an impulsif thought. So, this is bound to happen sooner or later. I hope they can learn from this, and I hope we all irl people here can also learn from it.

As always thanks for the scanlation White cat scans!

@zekkendo

But he said to defrost them for 30 minutes?
I assume this is a slight translation error and he means 30 minutes to go from fridge temp to room temp. 30 minutes is not nearly enough time to unfreeze. Indeed beef should be brought up to closer to room temp before cooking.

You shouldn't defrost frozen meat at air temp anyway since the outside will go bad and the inside still be icy. You should put frozen meat in the refrigerator a day or two ahead of time or seal and put in a bowl of cold water if you're in a hurry.

Given all that 1:30 per side for a room temp 3/4" ribeye still sounds pretty rare. Like French/Belgian rare. Mooo.

Users who are viewing this thread