Hyakunichikan!! - Vol. 4 Ch. 48.5

Japaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! One day, eventually, we'll have manga that will have satisfying and not bland or blue-balling endings (regardless of genre; horror and drama as an example can have their own 'type' of satisfying.) Its like they're taught in school or by their editors that good or complete endings are not be, and their audience (Read: Japan) wouldn't like them, or at least it feels that way. Battle Shounen of all genres seems to have the most consistent in at least somewhat good endings.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you thank you everyone involved, this has been one of my favourite manga ever ;_;

Double-page supporter
Ohh nooo I'm not crying....thank you tho...for translating this ...sniff sniff

I have been following this manga for years waiting for the update and now it's already the end! This is a light and fluffy manga, recommended 👍. Although I would like to see both of them after chiko become middle-high school girl 😆..thanks for all the hardwork 🙏

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for translating!!! This was such a sweet and fluffy manga! I'm definitely going to miss reading this!

Contributor
It's a bit of an anticlimactic ending, but... I guess it fits. Like, it's not like they will never see each other again. And hey, maybe her parents will go off on vacation again. He's a free babysitter

I want moreeee!!! The author will release the same story with different title, right? Right??

Dex-chan lover
"This doesn't make sense la! I need moahhh" <<< my exact thought at the end to the author...

Thank you Translation team <3

Great now I'm sad and broken over the fact I can't read this wholesome story anymore. Thanks for translating!

Dex-chan lover
Okay the same as chapter 48. It’s good, but far too short and makes for an anticlimactic and sudden ending. A lot of the subplots and ships were just left in the wind. We still haven’t actually met the moms, and there was a lot more development that could have been done. Really the author should have pushed for at least 50 chapters (or more; 50 just seems like a good number to end on). With 48 being more pages and then 3 (or more) chapters to wrap up the story (we don’t need every time detail and question answered, but I feel too much was left unanswered and we should have seen more character development for both of the mains after they stopped living together). And then for the epilogue we should have gotten a time jump to answer the rest of the main questions and show how the mc continued to take care of her for years and they became a big part of each other’s lives (which could hint at/directly state a wholesome relationship or marriage/romance; I’d be fine with either). This is just kinda disappointing for an ending. This series fell into the main problem I have with a lot of works (movies, shows, books, manga, etc). When I was in middle (or was it elementary school), I learned this pyramid/rollercoaster/whatever chart for a story. It was: Introduction -> Rising Action -> Climax -> Falling Action -> Conclusion. Why do so many works dedicate so much time to the rising action, but either spend very little time on the falling action or just straight up skip it and go to the conclusion? I mean maybe I was taught some archaic literary thing that no one uses anymore, but I have to agree with the rollercoaster chart. If I spend a lot of time with a story and getting to know characters, I don’t want to spend a TON (so not equal) amount of time saying goodbye to them, but I do want to spend a good amount doing so. And now I’m just waiting for the author to write a time jump sequel romcom. With all the elementary girls in highschool and the highschoolers adults (that still live nearby for some reason). M A K E I T H A P P E N

Dex-chan lover
Man, that felt anticlimactic as hell. Just... nothing happens at the end. No tearful goodbye or reaffirmation of their "status" as friends or whatever.

Good series but could've been half a chapter longer.

Users who are viewing this thread