Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai o Suberu - Sekai Saikyou no Majutsushi de Aru Shounen wa, Majutsu Gakuin ga Nyuugaku Suru - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Albert All…

Double-page supporter
Dammit, just when I was hoping for some teacherXstudent.

Welp, we all know how this is gonna go... Ray's gonna end up having to kill her to save his friends, and they'll never look at him the same way again.

I'll see y'all in five chapters after they finish stretching this fight out as if they're fighting Frieza.

Dex-chan lover
Used our knowledge of Cliches against us

Bully character has been brainwashed! The apathetic teacher was actually a villain!

Dex-chan lover
@firosahoge the only reason she would be suspicious is because she was literally the only teacher we have seen in this manga

Dex-chan lover
Fuuuuuuuuck nooooooooooo whyyyyyyyyyyyy
whyyyyyyyyy did the make her the bad guy this early on
I would have honestly wanted this down the line but this is too soon. Not enough character build up for sensei :( Only to throw her away like this

Dex-chan lover
@stilgar exactly, which is why she was pretty much literally the only suspect. Ray was told someone with power comparable to you has snuck into the school. The only one it could be aside from the teacher is one of the students, but like I mentioned in my previous comment, all the evidence pointed to the teacher. I think people just didn’t WANT to suspect her because she’s so likable. However, as an author, you either want the traitor to be an annoying villain, or someone the readers love, otherwise there would be no impact.

EDIT: That being said, she can still be a redeemed villain. Her tears show that she is internally struggling with what she is doing, and she even puts students to sleep instead of killing them. She also likely left Eugenics alone because she was doing a series of tests to verify Ray was the Iceblade magician, even though she had to reluctantly risk students’ lives. Author has the potential to make her into a deep villain with different views, but not necessarily evil. Possibly a survivor of the other side of the war that Ray had a huge hand in winning. So readers that love her, rest assured the author will probably keep her loveable, just with a different viewpoint. And no I don’t read ahead. I usually don’t like calling out foreshadowing because I don’t want to ruin readers’ experience, but I’ll make an exception this time. All of these signs were foreshadowed, you just have to read closely.

Fed-Kun's army
@firosahoge

These are the villains I love the most. The villain doesn't HAVE to be hated, either by the reader or the characters. While those you hate so much that you just can't wait for them to get what's coming to them are memorable in that way....I find it more interesting to take a character you like or relate to and make them a villain to build that struggle with the reader of who to side with when the mc clashes with them.

As for foreshadowing, revealing it when it happens I find to be in bad taste just as much as revealing spoilers. But pointing back to foreshadowing after the big reveal is perfectly ok, since it may give readers extra insight they would have continue reading without.

Dex-chan lover
She was the bad guy!? I certainly didn't expect that! Although this does explain why the forest test looked like it looked.

@fakeirish These comments really show which kids grew up on 80s and 90s anime and which kids grew up on Harry fucking Potter, lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread