I am feeling lonely, what to do?

Do you know that feeling when you're trying to work your hardest but none of them were rewarded?

I was working real hard this past few months but none of them were rewarded and just appreciated with simple Thanks. But this colleague of mine that's freakign lazy never receive thos praise but get rewarded real hard.

When I say rewarded means they receive raise in salary.

I also hate the fact that whenever I open stuffs to my lead those things will be circulated within my back. And information that are important won't even get to me.

What to do, should I just stop working hard?

(I am unsure if this was the right thread) Well you guys can always roast me.

Contributor
You're feeling more unappreciated rather than merely lonely, which is an all-too-common frustration.
You need to seriously ask yourself if the current reward is worth your efforts, and in the most extreme cases,
whether you can afford to go without work for a while if you do decide to quit and look for a new job.

Dex-chan lover
Always ask yourself,
just what are you fighting for?
Life is just too short.

Dex-chan lover
I remember being in your shoes once always pouring my heart out into my work just to get shit on at the end of the day. In my case I decided to stop giving a fuck went about doing things at my own pace slowly building up my knowledge and expertise till I became one of the most experienced and relied upon members of the office.

Dex-chan lover
lazy partner with raise.
information don't get to you.
not that i want to bring you down, but...
i detect a toxic workplace -or perhaps, a toxic partner.
if they got raise that means they trust that guy more than they trust you.
my recommendation is assert dominance, but please come up with a plan first.
But hey, this just a speculation of mine from your side of story.

Dex-chan lover
@throughstars
Well you guys can always roast me.
Your English could use some work. There, that's my roast.

I understand your hardship, OP. Unrecognized effort can lead people to think "what was the point of me trying in the first place?"

You should acknowledge that it's perfectly natural to seek praise and affirmation from others. After all, humans have only come this far due to the combined efforts of many; we have a biological imperative to fit in because we need each other to survive. The fact that natural evolution can't progress nearly as exponentially as technological evolution leads to nigh uncountable interpersonal issues in our lives that we are arguably better off not thinking too much about.

But anyways, my advice is to gradually place more emphasis on your own opinions of your work rather than the opinions of others. Yes, I get that others will most often ultimately decide whether or not you receive a raise, but that's merely an inevitability you must accept, embrace, and learn to work around. I don't know enough about your actual relations with coworkers to give accurate advice here, but if you do plan to stay at your job for the foreseeable future, then generally the first option you should consider is to make an attempt at improving your workplace relations. And even if you eventually leave, having a letter of recommendation from your former workplace will give you a boost at finding a new job, which will hopefully be one you like more.

Another more general piece of advice pretty much anyone can use is "Instead of comparing yourself to others, compare yourself to who you were yesterday." Never lose sight of how far you've come due to your own efforts, OP. Be proud of your work, and recognize the results that have come from it. And if it means anything, we here recognize your efforts. You worked hard. Otsukaresama desu.

37Od7DZ.gif

Dex-chan lover

I agree with BTO. In the workplace, and irl, the workers who put their all into what they do, and give a care, often get overlooked and neglected when attaboys are given out sometimes. The attaboys often get given to the obnoxious brown nosers, and squeaky wheels the management feel require them in order to keep them pacified, while the loyal, quiet, and hard working employees get more added to their duties because they don't complain about anything.

That sucks, but it's also human nature I'm afraid. Yet there's still the possibility the best job for you hasn't arrived yet. There are companies out there with enough sense to realize the employees are the life blood of the company and keeping them happy is preferable to, the use them till they fall down, or leave then replace them companies.

What should you do? Some develop a why give a crap attitude, and throttle down to idle, but then they tend to feel a bit dissatisfied with their own lack of drive, and ambition because deep down they know it's not the best they can achieve. Also if you move into another job that resentment and baggage could be carried into your new workplace, and phantoms from the past could taint what should be a blank slate, or even a potential dream job!

I would suggest continuing to do your best. Absorb as much experience as the job has to offer, and keep your eyes open for when the door opens for that better job opportunity so your ready to walk through it when the time comes without any regrets or baggage!

Keep plugging along, and GOOD LUCK! 😁

Dex-chan lover
Don't think I could tolerate a team where my ideas are passed off as someone else's and the rewards of my effort are given to someone else.

Dex-chan lover
Kill yourself <- No, because Absurdism fundamentally is against suicide because it's like throwing in the towel when you should embrace the innate nonsense life is prone towards.

Instead, you should embrace the loneliness and understand that being alone or feeling alone isn't a bad thing, but rather a state of liberation away from the bindings of social expectation and grants oneself a time to reach internal tranquility.

Dex-chan lover
I am feeling lonely, what to do?
jerk off.

yeah, if that was the case, dont work too hard just work enough and save money and plan what you gonna do after you quit your job.

you could also embraces the feeling of loneliness and stop having hope and expectation, just live for the sake of living.

@throughstars
sometimes it just be like that.
Stop when you feel like this, it'll be a disaster for you. Open up about your hard work; i know you hate it, but that's just how it.

I know it's hard, just don't give up easily.

Miku best girl
Admin
@throughstars

Fundamentally, why do people work? Because they trade their time for money. It sounds like you are expecting more money for your time.

The solution is simple - to address the balance, either spend less time working or get paid more by looking for another job.

Dex-chan lover
to address the balance, either spend less time working or get paid more by looking for another job.
^^^ This but unironically. (Oh wait, I guess it was written unironically to begin with.)
I just saw 2 of the biggest shitposters here actually be sincere I’m amazed
Ikr? It's kind of jarring to see sterven and justforthelulz give such heartfelt advice when we're so used to seeing them crack jokes. Props to them.

Users who are viewing this thread