I Am the Precious Daughter of the Greatest Villain in the Fantasy World (Promo)

smh koreans riding the hype of otome isekai not that i hate it but can't they come up with their own genre/theme???

Why the hate @ZenNudz? If a story is good who cares?

The last picture looked soooo good. Really wish this was a webtoon 😭😭😭

Can we just force these artists to not stop working? Some people might say it would be a massive moral violation but it's definitively a tradeoff I'd be willing to do.

Lol @ZenNudz since when did a genre belong to one specific group of people?
Transporting people into different worlds isn't a genre that Japanese manga authors created you know.

You sounded really stupid.

@Mor-ri-corn when did i said japanese authors created them??? and you forgot the fact that i said it's "OTOME ISEKAI" not ISEKAI only
go check your facts before calling someone stupid. I didn't even said one genre only belongs a specific group but i said they are "RIDING" the hype!

@Sugarblob it's not even a complaint nor a racist comment it's an OPINION suggesting to come up with their own genre instead of being a bandwagon. so if i insert a certain country "koreans has small eyes but their cute" you'll interpret it as racist cuz i said they have small eyes but forget the fact the i said their cute? you sound like bias media trying to cover up some stupid issue

@ZenNudz man, you can be racist without saying anything overtly insulting. It's 2020, telling someone they're "well spoken" is no longer viewed as a compliment. Also, being sucked into a new world isn't a genre that originated in Japan. And it's a hell of a lot older than this recent resurgence.

There's no new stories. There haven't been any new stories for centuries. Everything is replaying off themes centuries older than any of us, so telling any group of people to get their own genre makes very little sense. The tropes are so old, no single culture can claim them as their own.

@Jasnah You keep insisting the issue of isekai not originated the from japan which it wasn't stated in my previous comments and forget the fact that what was stated is "OTOME" isekai which is a type of isekai genre that is starting to get popular. Since you keep insisting that japan this japan that, means you can tell where isekai got popularized , even has a Truck-kun meme. So I'll give you facts.

Japan has different variety of isekai genres which also got popular. One of them is being trap/reincarnated in a game. "OTOME"and its counter part otoge is a story-based video game. This genre is most established in Japan, and is mostly made up of visual novels and simulation games; particularly dating sims and life simulation games. adding isekai in to it, got their own genre "OTOME" isekai.

So if you've read/heard "OTOME" isekai where'd you think it come from, you'll say it's from Russia? Africa? No, they come up with that idea so it's obvious they can claim it as their own. The fact that copyright law existed which you probably didn't know, can affect cultures. So your last statement is invalid. Fortunately, Japan hasn't reported copyright to them.

@chasiamaryllis
Comparing whose art styles is better now are you? "ATLEAST" their art styles are better Lol. Let me educate you with FACTS.
You're comparing Digital Arts with Traditional Arts. Digital arts can EASILY undo errors and can EASILY copy art works or duplicate them while Traditional arts - mistakes are hard to remove, either improvise, cover up mistakes or redo all over again which are also difficult to reproduce.
Better art style doesn't mean it has better PLOT.

It's like you're saying their plot sucks so their selling point is their ART STYLES which are just drawn digitally with colors.
In other words, reused and recycled storylines with "Colored" art which you just prove the FACT that they can't come up with their own ideas.

Don't get me wrong, I've read alot Manhwa and they have the tendency to suck but I still read it
and of course duller storylines in their later chapters then becomes stale halfway
and ends up adding extremely unnessesary or exaggerated drama.

As a traditional artist myself I understand that it can be harder then digital art to undo mistakes but how does that have to do anything with art styles?? Mangas are also digitally drawn....Of course better art style doesn't mean it has a better plot but I generally I think that most manhwas don't have that bad of a plot line. Also referring to what you said earlier "smh koreans riding the hype of otome isekai not that i hate it but can't they come up with their own genre/theme???" If their art style and plot appeals to most readers why does it matter? It's not like otome isekai is something only Japanese mangas can use.

If someone can find the novel I’d be willing to try my hand at MTL (and sharing the translations with everyone) It’s not like I have anything better to do 😂

Users who are viewing this thread