I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

the signs point to her dad based on his nightmares but cmon why would u make her bear the burden of trying to save herself? like u could make her happy just by showing her affection and u can cut off the fake cosette immediately meaning kiera would never have to be in danger?

Fed-Kun's army
@applebowties Exactly, if it's her dad it wouldn't make any sense. I'm hoping the author is misleading us rn and it's actually someone else. Maybe her brother?

@applebowties maybe he though he doesn't deserve to even redeem himself (suddenly act like a father to her)? Maybe he thought she could keep those memories so that she can change and live completely for herself.

@edma true, I can definitely see the story potentially going down that route, and it did cross my mind. I just find it a bit weak because while she definitely used it as a chance to live for herself, she still carries the double burden of remembering being executed by the father she looked up to, and trusted AND trying to prevent it from happening again. like I think shielding his child from trauma is the better way to go even if he did feel the inadequacy of being a father. it's just that if they were going to push a redemption arc for the father anyway, I would find it more compelling if he was actively trying to right the wrongs because at this rate, keira would be doing all the heavy lifting, and the father just gets brownie points for feeling sad she doesn't pay attention to him anymore?

@nivinator oh gosh, I love little zeke and if it was him that would be a twist (and believable bc as a child, he would have no way of fixing the problem himself), I just don't know how he would have contacted a powerful mage lol

he is definitely athy and lucas son! just look at the eyes and the little mole under his eyes!

Meo

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it has to be the father. Since the only people that realize or seems to have any recollection of the past is Arez, MC and MC's father.

I think the other person was her dad and he chose her instead of him because probably Cosette put some mind control spell on him or something. It doesn't make sense for someone like him to be affectionate to a strange girl, no matter how good her social skills are. He might accept her as his daughter but they shouldn't have a rapport like they did in the first few chapters. It's unnatural.

Now we've seen that it is possible for people to be mind controlled because the time mage just did it to his sister (?), but Cosette would be crazy OP if she not only can summon water spirits/illusions but also use mind control. I think the time mage might have helped Cosette in the previous timeline. Why else would he even be related to the issue? Especially because he keeps his skills secret.

Users who are viewing this thread