I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Wym get everything back. You had nothing your father never looked your way.
Thank you blue eyed boy..
Please.. Please let her just get revenge and leave omg I hate the father idc what future backstory we get.

Idc if she was fake or not , that’s not a reason to execute a child , 😒 fuck the father atp, idc if he becomes nice to the fl after she reincarnates , the father is still a dick .

F'ck that father, idc if she cuts off her father for her 2nd life. I hope she doesn't even bother pleasing her father again. Even without cosette in the picture, he never did once treated her daughter right.

I'm more interested on the happenings after she was killed, knowing he let his own daughter get executed, not these fcking flashbacks. If the fathers treats her differently just because she can control the water spirit... i wish the fl would be indifferent. Idc fck him, die.

Finally!!

It seems like the mangaka doesn't know how to write a story.
Starting off with a long flashback will just make others lose interest.
There hasn't been a single manga I've read that started off like this.

Flashback are supposed to be used in short episodes when revealing
a new plot to make readers feel more sympathy about the main character.
Doing it this way is just plain frustrating. What was the writer thinking?

Fed-Kun's army
I'm sure this has already been brought up, but.. why would you kill the kid for mistakenly believing she was the real daughter, meanwhile you all also thought she was the real one??

Fed-Kun's army
@Yunwu I actually don't think long flashbacks are so bad. Honestly, stories where they have to keep flashing tend to feel cheaper, and tend to be more poorly thought out, as they're really just backtracking to fill in context instead of building up emotional momentum to certain goals or events. I do think this is structurally awkward, though. It would have made more sense to start the story at the ball where Cosette is introduced, then explain the significance of what happened, then get continue on with the story. That being said, you could just as easily consider this the beginning of the story, rather than a flashback, so long as much of this will contextualize later events.

@ginaasofnow Hmm, I can agree with what you said. But, while short and frequent flashbacks are no good, I think it draws more of the character's emotions if the flashback is put in during large events. I do admit that long flashbacks do have their uses, depending on its use. And in this case, it can be said to part of the beginning of the story. Still, as you pointed out, it should have started out differently.

Dex-chan lover
Man... it would have been nice if she had said this to her father:
"Disappoint you? I'm the one who is disappointed, Grand Duke. You never, not even once, treated me like your daughter and even if you say you don't know if I'm actually your daughter, that has only been the case since that individual came her and claimed to be your daughter. Until that point, for all we know, I was you flesh and blood and you never once showed any care. Of course, the Grand Duke is always busy. There is always something to do. You are just incompetent, Grand Duke.

And now, what are you going to do? Kill me, because I angered you? Kill me, because I told you a truth you didn't like? Sure, go ahead, execute me right now. Do it. Kill your own daughter, because of your anger. Kill me and set in stone the downfall of our Empire. If you kill me and that individual cannot save the Empire as it was told in the prophecy, it will all be your fault. You will have doomed the Empire by killing the one and only Saintess. You will be recorded in history as the incompetent Grand Duke who kill his own daughter, who was meant to be the saintess, simply because some woman that looked like him claimed to be his daughter. That would make a nice story.

You are laughable, Grand Duke. While your blood may course through my veins, I refuse to acknoledge you as my father. You never once cared about me, you are not my father. Now what, Grand Duke? Are you going to kill me and say I was a fake? Or maybe sent me to prison and say I tried to assasinate you? Or even better, I tried to assassinate that individual, but a maid saved her and I, in my own madness, whipped the maid a 100 times. Are you going to kill me or imprison me and fabricate a story to suit the situation? Go ahead. Do it and destroy the Empire with your own hands, you incompetent Grand Duke."

Well, something lke that would have been pretty satisfying, if the shit head go really angry. It would also be nice to see what the future of that continent was like after they killed the MC. It would be hilarious to see the Grand Shit realize his mistake, although I'd guess blonde cunt or the count, that got her into the party where she showed up for the first time, would kill him before he could realize his mistake. Kinda looks like they are part of some kind of evil group that wants to destroy the world or at least the Empire by killing the saintess.

@Senros i could feel the catharsis in those paragraphs...god i wish she said that to him. and yea i SO want to see him actually have to deal with the fallout

Prophecy said the fake one will bring the empire to collapse Soo.. I think that dumb duke tried to revive the real one because the fake is exposed..

*sigh* the grand duke isn't evil, he is just misguided and he probably had something going on in his past that made him blind and turned out the way he is.. might have some depressing thing going on too

Although I don't wish for his demise or death.. he still deserves some retribution or face-slapping moments just to make awake him and make up for his past behaviour toward Keira because I do hope their father-daughter relationship can still be fixed and they can have a sincerely happy father-daughter moments in the future🙁 or otherwise, this is just sad....

Double-page supporter
I can hear my heart racing because of how angry I am. I can't wait for Cosette, the father, the maids, and everyone but the MC's downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread