I Am the Sorcerer King

Yeah, have to agree with the others. Story is getting bland despite the start of battles.
Like I don’t feel any attachment to any character, including the MC.

i have an account on another site which doesnt give a fuck about the scanalators just for mangas that are not uploaded here , not gonna jump between 10 different sites just because scanlators wants the views on their site

Isn't too bad, but man do I hate "my parent / family member is in a coma and its draining all my funds currently" situation that is becoming very common throughout this type of story.

Dex-chan lover
This is alot like Solo Leveling but with more magic.
A Lot of the big plot points are the same even if it this manga does things differently and a bigger focus on magic and less on leveling with the system.
I read up to the current chapter 96 and things have started getting pretty crazy with the power scaleing.
Not because it's bad like a lot of cultivation mangas i seen, pulling out new bigger and better tiers of cultivators out of nowhere.
No it's actually pretty good on that department even if its only explained why and how people get powerful and then is forgotten about.
Its because of the ungodly powers the MC gets later on in the story without doing much of anyting.
I have no problem with MC´s who are gifted with powers and skills, but in a story where the MC soposedly need to work for his powerups i want them to actually earn it... this MC dont.
He gets more powerful by converting electricity into magic power, and considering he gets a personal powerplant built in like the first 10 chapters he powerups like crazy without doing anything.
All that said, Its worth the read if you like stories about powerful mages.
The stat system is more or less unimportant for the MC ( but still is for the side characters ) So its not mentioned alot in the story.
In fact the MC coming from a world where magic already exists, he is untrusting of the skill system that just suddenly appeared and gave some people superpowers, thinking its a god of some kind pulling the strings for unknown reasons and is actively avoiding using it to not help said gods machinations.

I do however have a few gripes, one of the biggest being about dropped plot points.
For example
he saves a girl who supposedly is powerful and famous early on that mentions repaying him and is not seen again in 100 chapters.
meanwhile the MC basically gets more powerful than the entire planet from scheming and extorting everybody becouse of his monopoly on knowledge from his reincarnation.
So its not like she could have missed who he was....
Edit: this particular plot point have been resolved, but its not the only one...
But at least it gives some hope that they might be filled in the future..... even if it takes another 150 chapters to do so ;(

A solid 7 for being a pretty good manga, even if abit too similar too Solo Leveling

@roiaunreq24

I like to think that it comes from his injury from the dragon he fought in ch 2. If you notice his right eye is bleeding and it is probably a reflex that carried over to his new body.

This manhwa has probably been the best irl-rpg-magi-tech cannon I've read so far. The MC acts intelligent, seems to have an end goal, and knows how to interact with people. The MC is also a loner, but I can see a harem of sorts in the intermediate future.

Dex-chan lover
@pinkunicorn

Well yeah....
Solo leveling is however by far the more popular one, kinda like people talking about sword art online when talking about the "death game" genre.
Or Overlord / reincarnated as a slime when talking about the genre of being reborn as a monster.

I just used it as a popular example with a lot of similarities and not because it came out first.
till pretty cool that you knew that tho.

Users who are viewing this thread