I Asked My First Girlfriend Why She Went Out with Me

Double-page supporter
As ShockSword already stated, this "girlfriend" cares a lot about her "boyfriend", and if you only ever see the words she speaks and complain, seems you are not going to enjoy this little series. I, for once, as the translator commented, do not mind this kind of bad mouth girlfriend. You might think it's abusive, but despite her kink is a guy with absolutely no redeeming quality, she is still the strong and kind girlfriend that if you get to know, you'd be unable to get away from her, especially when you hit the rock bottom of being in her strike zone.

And I also see many are talking about her being "first" girlfriend means something happened and the guy now has a "second" or possibly a "third" girlfriend. But that's because you see the translated title.
The original Japanese title is: "初めて出来た彼女に何で付き合ってくれたのか訊いてみた". Which would mean "I tried asking the girlfriend I only ever managed to make why she dated me". In other words, the guy is miserable and while she is his first girlfriend, there's nothing to indicate he would get another.

Dex-chan lover
@Yankun

Yeah, she's so strong and kind, she's actually a good person at heart, she just has a lot she's working through, she can't help it that I force her to say such things by being so worthless, that time she had to give me a black eye was entirely my fault, I shouldn't have spilled her drink like that, I'm so terrible and she's an incredibly kind person for even looking my way. I'm utterly pathetic and I'd never get another partner if she left me please don't leave me.

Dex-chan lover
As ShockSword already stated, this "girlfriend" cares a lot about her "boyfriend", and if you only ever see the words she speaks and complain, seems you are not going to enjoy this little series. I, for once, as the translator commented, do not mind this kind of bad mouth girlfriend. You might think it's abusive, but despite her kink is a guy with absolutely no redeeming quality, she is still the strong and kind girlfriend that if you get to know, you'd be unable to get away from her, especially when you hit the rock bottom of being in her strike zone.

And I also see many are talking about her being "first" girlfriend means something happened and the guy now has a "second" or possibly a "third" girlfriend. But that's because you see the translated title.
The original Japanese title is: "初めて出来た彼女に何で付き合ってくれたのか訊いてみた". Which would mean "I tried asking the girlfriend I only ever managed to make why she dated me". In other words, the guy is miserable and while she is his first girlfriend, there's nothing to indicate he would get another.
Which means that, at best, this is a case of Stockholm Syndrome on the boyfriend's part. After all, kidnappers and abusers can care about their victims too.

Dex-chan lover
If you ask why people stay in their toxic relationship? Maybe this was one of the answer

Double-page supporter
I am turned on by this woman.

Wait, I see you're making a strange face. Let me explain. There's a difference between the Girlfriend of this manga and a typical abusive gf. Look at the actions of the Girlfriend. She writes a note for you so you don't screw up your date. She tells you what you're doing wrong. She plans on visiting you while you're sick.

Unlike irl abusers, the Girlfriend cares for the mc. She doesn't see the mc as some disposable human being that she can leech off of. She needs someone to latch onto. It's just that she also has the irrepressible urge to belittle and humiliate the mc for her own sadistic enjoyment. Sure, this doesn't change the fact that the mc is essentially an emotional punching bag for her, but it's a punching bag that she cares about. It's a punching bag that she is attached to and takes care of every now and then to make sure it doesn't break.

The Girlfriend doesn't look past your flaws. She loves you for your flaws, because she loves humiliating and belittling you for your flaws. But that's still love.

Tl;dr this manga scratches that perfect itch between the overlap of "abuse me" and "love me." The Girlfriend abuses you but she's also attached to you. Personally, a great find.
...Honestly that's kinda based ngl.

I am both confused and yet I am also glad... that someone could read something that I, from my POV, consider to be actual trash and actually derive some genuine enjoyment out of it.
You still a huge Masochist and all that. And yes, we are judging you. But honestly? Big respect for admitting that you enjoy this manga of all things. Huge balls.

I'm glad there are degenerates like you out there who proudly declare their love for this (whatever kind of fantasy the author is trying to pander to here) goofy ahh romance manga. Makes it easier to at least see why someone might be interested in some of the weird stuff that gets serialized.

Dex-chan lover
k she definitely likes him, but also loves to cause him emotional pain all the time. basically a toxic bitch who literally deserves no love

edit: tho now rereading through whats been tled, i feel like she’s always trying to help him. she thinks he’s cute, and she does care about him a lot. though she also loves seeing him flustered or upset cuz she thinks it looks cute. that is definitely toxic, no way around it.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
i've read the raws and it seems she start to like him genuinely

Double-page supporter
Which means that, at best, this is a case of Stockholm Syndrome on the boyfriend's part. After all, kidnappers and abusers can care about their victims too.
I won't deny that this is close to what a Stockholm Syndrome is.
It's just that, I don't quite agree with people using their own assumption to conclude others are having it bad or good in a matter-of-fact way.

Yes, the guy is very much verbally abused, but he was ok with it. Even enjoying it at that. And he was already at the constant barrage of every bad things already then why would being abused the worst thing he faces?

Yes, kidnappers might care a lot about their victims, be it good, or most likely, bad that they commited the crime of abduction. In face of the law, they are to be put to trial and sentenced accordingly, no doubt about it. And I won't even bat an eye about it. But then, I see people just keep on saying the guy should just get away from this abusive "girlfriend". Like, you care about what is happening but you don't care enough for an alternative?

Anyway, the guy seems to enjoy being abused, or even possibly not even considering it to be that abusive, and his "girlfriend" does care about him a lot. What makes their relationship so toxic for on lookers to voice their opinion anyway?
26239314_1140567826073889_7872845835111872106_n.png

Last edited:
Contributor
I have to say, I really hate these single page series, I have only come across one that was actually interesting and that was because it was a fairly dense page and sometimes more than 1 page.

Dex-chan lover
Still thinking its a bury this woman and don't look back angle

Users who are viewing this thread