I Awoke as an Imprisoned Villainess - Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Wait I'm confused about Sophia's situation. As i understand it her mother was an Arbuthnot and Sophia inherited her skills as an apothecary then her father cheated and had an out of wedlock baby after which her stepmother made use of Sophia's skills and became made the family become the royal apothecary.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who was kind of hoping that arrogant villainess was gonna get knocked down a peg by asshole dad upon his return?

Like, she's weaving all these complex plots and then he just rolls up and completely ruins her with some play that's so stupid and brutish she didn't even see it coming. That would have been good.

Maybe I'm just desensitized to all these familial trauma stories because it's the generic backdrop to every other rofan novel but ngl I hate the villainess more than the abusive family.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who was kind of hoping that arrogant villainess was gonna get knocked down a peg by asshole dad upon his return?

Like, she's weaving all these complex plots and then he just rolls up and completely ruins her with some play that's so stupid and brutish she didn't even see it coming. That would have been good.

Maybe I'm just desensitized to all these familial trauma stories because it's the generic backdrop to every other rofan novel but ngl I hate the villainess more than the abusive family.
I predict that she's not going to be quite off the hook yet herself, and she'll be taking a huge hit to her pride as well in time (especially seeing how timid and humble her body is being with the MC controlling it) but seeing assholes get what's coming to them is immensely satisfying

Supporter
God i love her so much, its so so fun to see the dichotomy of how sophia and violet are living their lives in each environment.

Curious to see if she will bankrupt the family with this coming of age party, it would be deserved lol.
I don't think she would deliberately bankrupt the family because those are HER assets now; she spent a lot of money but I imagine Violet still has use of House Abruthnot in general, so she won't sink it.

Dex-chan lover
Hah, what a Majestic chapter!

Thank you for translations! :D

Dex-chan lover
Wait I'm confused about Sophia's situation. As i understand it her mother was an Arbuthnot and Sophia inherited her skills as an apothecary then her father cheated and had an out of wedlock baby after which her stepmother made use of Sophia's skills and became made the family become the royal apothecary.

Sophia is currently with Alcott family, but her mom seem to be from Arbuthnot.

Alcott family is...well, we don't know what they do.
Arbuthnot 'might' be royal apothecary, or at least powerful enough that the royal family keep a strict control over their products and the threat of calling Arbuthnot to her aid is enough to scare the father.

Fed-Kun's army
Personally I didn't really feel her plan was all that complex. Like she claimed to have some blackmail material on them and they just folded instantly. She doesn't even seem to have taken any precautions that they might try to silence her permanently - she could have at least told them that she told the priest who dropped by what she knows so they can't just make her disappear.

I'd have liked to see her put at least a bit more effort into beating them. It makes Sophia seem like an idiot, and her suffering cheap, when her replacement can fix things so easily with just a few threats.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I didn't really feel her plan was all that complex. Like she claimed to have some blackmail material on them and they just folded instantly. She doesn't even seem to have taken any precautions that they might try to silence her permanently - she could have at least told them that she told the priest who dropped by what she knows so they can't just make her disappear.

I'd have liked to see her put at least a bit more effort into beating them. It makes Sophia seem like an idiot, and her suffering cheap, when her replacement can fix things so easily with just a few threats.
Sophia is more stupid than idiot. She has been imprisoned for such a long time without proper education or social interaction. She doesn't have enough knowledge and sense to even realize that she got exploited all this time, much less having revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Sophia is more stupid than idiot. She has been imprisoned for such a long time without proper education or social interaction. She doesn't have enough knowledge and sense to even realize that she got exploited all this time, much less having revenge.
And also Violet literally said it herself in this chapter: Sophia is a typical Arbuthnot, she doesn't care about wordly things as long as she could make her medicines

Dex-chan lover
I don't think she would deliberately bankrupt the family because those are HER assets now; she spent a lot of money but I imagine Violet still has use of House Abruthnot in general, so she won't sink it.
yet.

Dex-chan lover
Because I ran out of things to read, I went and check the WN

Next manga chapter Claude should finally realize "Violet" isn't Violet.

Because instead of showing disgust/hatred for peony, the "Violet" in front of him just start talking about how useful it is.
OG Violet have always dislike any flowers that reminds her of the death of her mother, so this one not even showing a reaction? Clearly not Violet.

Her grandpa was the royal apothecary (and the family has given birth to many royal apothecary before) though he retired ~20 years ago so maybe the current royal apothecary might not be an Arbuthnot?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Because I ran out of things to read, I went and check the WN

Next manga chapter Claude should finally realize "Violet" isn't Violet.

Because instead of showing disgust/hatred for peony, the "Violet" in front of him just start talking about how useful it is.
OG Violet have always dislike any flowers that reminds her of the death of her mother, so this one not even showing a reaction? Clearly not Violet.

Her grandpa was the royal apothecary (and the family has given birth to many royal apothecary before) though he retired ~20 years ago so maybe the current royal apothecary might not be an Arbuthnot?
I'd like further overall plot spoilers please

Dex-chan lover
I'd like further overall plot spoilers please

I only read until the last chapter of part 1...and oh boi is there some insane twist.

Since trying to explain the flow of things is a pain, here's a quick run down on some stuffs.

The prince isn't poisoned, he's actually under magic spell that's slowly killing him.
Lily's sweets have medicine used to hide magic power that mages used to use when they were more heavily ostracized.
That's why the royal apothecary couldn't detect any poison in them, it's not poison.

However she's also being used/threatened by the real mastermind: Violet's own uncle.
(her hometown needs support to survive and between some prince vs the people she grew up with, she chose the latter)
And to add on top: The uncle also killed Violet's mother in the same way, as a test of his plan.

His motive is revenge, the previous king (uncle and current king's father) was heavily prejudiced against mages and went so far as to basically assassinate uncle's child and wife.
So now he want the current royal family to suffer as the prince die slowly, then he's got some other plans that will ultimately result in...Violet being queen....yeah he didn't really think that last bit through.

Anyway in the end uncle lose, he will be confined to the same anti-magic tower "Violet" was in (this time the seal will be done by Violet)
Lily 'only' get confined to her hometown for 3 years because while she did commit crime worthy of execution, there's the factor that she was threatened + even poisoned at the last step of the plan AND in that final confrontation she protected the prince (the two did fell in love for real somewhere along the line)
Current king abdicate, and prince personally think uncle was correct that if Violet become queen things would end on a lot less chaotic note. But Violet doesn't want the throne so eh.

Sophia became one of the royal apothecary because Arbuthnot.

The arc ends with Claude trying to confess for real to Sophia, but she's too dense to accept and Violet enjoyed that comedy skit.

Users who are viewing this thread