I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
i hope this wasn't a weekly manhwa in korea, I feel sorry for the people who had to wait 24 weeks to finally read one chapter related to the premise

edit: nvm I just finished the chapter and the bunny girl STILL is not the focus, what is this author doing

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On this news update the dense protagonist wasn't as dense as a dimond this time around but, was so dense last time around to cause female protagonist to be concerned about her friends "duel" that she had to follow him. Just to be sure he wasnt as dense as we all thought he was.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i hope this wasn't a weekly manhwa in korea, I feel sorry for the people who had to wait 24 weeks to finally read one chapter related to the premise

edit: nvm I just finished the chapter and the bunny girl STILL is not the focus, what is this author doing

I swear it's some kind of KR manhwa curse that the 'og plot' doesn't happen until like 3-4 seasons in, if ever.

Lady Baby come to mind.

Haneul peeking from the door was adorb tho.
And in some way it was indeed a 'confession' letter.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
How old are they again? It felt weird reading confession and not play together in the same line.

Lmao it really was a challenge letter all along. And where did the guys get heart stickers?

Dex-chan lover
You win this round, Mr. Author. It being an ambush and a confession simultaneously actually caught me off guard.
Still feeling a bit low on the Haneul focus this chapter, but at least she hasn't been yeeted to the curb once again for god knows how many chapters.

Dex-chan lover
You haven't seen the author's other series? It's called re:life player.

This one is already 10x better with the pace and forgiveness part. Heck the main plot point of the story actually has screen time here.
Different author bro

Dex-chan lover
personally not a big fan of the decision to not just forgive but also sponsor the bullies. it's like indirectly rewarding them for their bad behavior. especially since, according to the original plot of the game, the bullies would have continued to physically and mentally absue MC for another few years till he met the protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
personally not a big fan of the decision to not just forgive but also sponsor the bullies. it's like indirectly rewarding them for their bad behavior. especially since, according to the original plot of the game, the bullies would have continued to physically and mentally absue MC for another few years till he met the protagonist.

Agreed. Tired of these milquetoast MCs falling over themselves at every sob story.

The fact they saw fit to have someone else write the letter instead of being sincere and asking him straight up in person makes me think they're not really interested in playing nice, they're just latching onto MC because he's the new strong guy on the block. And it's a gamble that paid off because the MC is a nice guy idiot.

EDIT: And, like others said: we are 24 chapters in and aside from the initial setup and some brief hangout montage, the MC has done absolutely nothing with Haneul.

Last edited:
Agreed. Tired of these milquetoast MCs falling over themselves at every sob story.

The fact they saw fit to have someone else write the letter instead of being sincere and asking him straight up in person makes me think they're not really interested in playing nice, they're just latching onto MC because he's the new strong guy on the block. And it's a gamble that paid off because the MC is a nice guy idiot.
You need to put it in the perspective of the MC being emotionally a mature person (he's at least a teenager IRL) and also someone who knows the end of the world is approaching as needs as much help as he can get. If the MC can turn the triplets into reliable allies, then his chances of saving the world will increase.

Dex-chan lover
bunny girl got a read on mc lmao "he's not thinking clearly" more like not thinking at all lol

fuuuck the buildup may be fucking dumb but the result of the triplets doing the "hearts" and saying please accept our hearts fucking made me spit my coffee

also now that we see that mc really and legitimately thought it's a duel kinda turned me off from reading this ever again but bunny girl is making me keep reading lmaoo
like.. i understand he's not the big brain time kind of guy but him actually being equally brainless like goku is kinda somewhat feels like i got scammed and just baited into reading this since he's not like this in the previous 20 chapters.

there's no consistency, he's either dumb or sharp depending on author's whim..

Dex-chan lover
Good job on the translation.

Jesus fuck this MC is amazing at being dumb...

qsrb2a.jpg

I mean, if he could harness all his dumb energy and focus it on combat trainning he would beat even Saitama...

And he, who is supposed to be friends with the cute bunny girl, has relegated her to some cameos here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread