I Became a Childhood Friend of a Mid-Level Boss - Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
Couple differences from the WN here.

When they first entered their room, Kyunwoo tried to snap her back to reality by vigorously rubbing her ears. After she was thoroughly tired out by it, she complained about how it hurt so Kyunwoo promised to be gentle next time. Also, as this chapter showed Haneul thinks about and draws comparisons to dramas a lot.

As stated in this chapter, Kyunwoo was as nervous as her. The bathroom door in the WN was frosted glass that spanned the whole wall and he was very stimulated when he saw her silhouette. He quickly focused on the puzzle to respect her privacy. The same happened for Haneul when he went in afterwards.

The tripping over the bag scene is new. This is probably to replace the shenanigans from sleeping in the same bed (manhwa changed this to two singles but WN only had one bed). Half-asleep Haneul snuggled into Kyunwoo's warm embrace and snapped awake when she realized what she'd done. She started admiring his face, skin, etc. and was about to stroke his lips but he woke up. Panic ensued.

Glad they're at least trying to keep some of the romance in but I wanted to see Haneul snuggling.

Maybe in the next chapter we will get to see Kyunwoo brushing her hair.

Also, Kyunwoo blamed the booking error on their combined low Luck.

Also, Haneul quietly grumbled how if she knew this would happen, she'd have packed cuter clothes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
BREED LIKE RABBITS

Lol at Haneul's soul having bunny ears and her goofy face. Bless the classic romcom mixup.

When they first entered their room, Kyunwoo tried to snap her back to reality by vigorously rubbing her ears. After she was thoroughly tired out by it, she complained about how it hurt so Kyunwoo promised to be gentle next time. Also, as this chapter showed Haneul thinks about and draws comparisons to dramas a lot.

As stated in this chapter, Kyunwoo was as nervous as her. The bathroom door in the WN was frosted glass that spanned the whole wall and he was very stimulated when he saw her silhouette. He quickly focused on the puzzle to respect her privacy. The same happened for Haneul when he went in afterwards.

The tripping over the bag scene is new. This is probably to replace the shenanigans from sleeping in the same bed (manhwa changed this to two singles but WN only had one bed). Half-asleep Haneul snuggled into Kyunwoo's warm embrace and snapped awake when she realized what she'd done. She started admiring his face, skin, etc. and was about to stroke his lips but he woke up. Panic ensued.

Glad they're at least trying to keep some of the romance in but I wanted to see Haneul snuggling.

Also, Haneul quietly grumbled how if she knew this would happen, she'd have packed cuter clothes.
With how much is being left out or changed like this, i am worried about how good this will be later down the road...
Also no bunny tail again...

Is there a translated WN? The WN has sounded cool but I couldn't find anything.

Group Leader

Would you mind to share where do you read the WN/LN? I kinda feel sad when I read your comment and realize their togetherness is lessened in webtoon version (which I couldn't blame since they have limited panels)

I really want to see their togetherness :(

Dex-chan lover
Is there a translated WN? The WN has sounded cool but I couldn't find anything.
Would you mind to share where do you read the WN/LN? I kinda feel sad when I read your comment and realize their togetherness is lessened in webtoon version (which I couldn't blame since they have limited panels)

I really want to see their togetherness :(

I read the MTL on noblemtl and then on faqwiki for the later chapters.

This chapter is roughly 39 and 40 on noblemtl. Because it's MTL, Haneul is sometimes translated as "sky/heaven" and Kyunwoo sometimes gets translated as "cowherder/dog"

Dex-chan lover

It's sad that the webtoon is reducing their romance :(
Should've been the chance to show us the fluff in color :(

Supporter
image.png

lmao that's a keeper

Dex-chan lover

Well considering these differences all sound net-negative... I think ill be shifting over to reading WN for now. The visuals are nice but loosing details like that kinda sucks. Thanks for the links BTW.

Group Leader
Wait I don’t remember this being brought up here, but I do vaguely remember her saying something like this at a very late chapter while reminiscing about the entrance exam. It’s been a while haha, thanks for your summaries to jog my memory. XD
surprised this has no romance tag on it 🤔
This, and I was also expecting a suggestive tag just from the WN context… lol.
Well considering these differences all sound net-negative... I think ill be shifting over to reading WN for now. The visuals are nice but loosing details like that kinda sucks. Thanks for the links BTW.
I agree. The WN has much more context and… uhm… content, and is a pretty satisfying read with many interesting characters. I do look forward to see how they draw all of them!

Users who are viewing this thread