I Became the Ugly Lady

Group Leader
Damn if that's ugly there's no hope for the rest of us.

That said I hope this not another "I was fat but now I'm slim and all my problems disappear" story.

Says a lot about korean beauty standards and plastic surgery culture when you look at manhwas that boils down to "if you fix your appearance, you fix your life."

her waist is so slim i remember aideen HAHAHAHAHA will keep a lookout on this series~

Damn, i read the raw and the way she become so slim and pretty is so fucking funny😹 no effort, just magic💀 at least for Lady's Law of Survival, she did strict diet and exercises everyday but this one such a joke...

Feel like I'm gonna die from cringe reading the synopsis... Also, what's wrong these authors beauty standard? Just because you're chubby or have freckles doesn't equal ugly...

Dex-chan lover
Looks interesting but im just hoping its not one of those "ok im pretty and slim now so my life is great" because i wont be able to stomach that

@Oodori this is exactly what kind of story this is. She starts off fat and ugly, just so she can turn skinny and become pretty. But not before there's probably a few remarks on her weight

@Oodori
I read ahead in the raws and it’ll happen, starting at ch 3 when she becomes slim and beautiful.

Beauty standards these days.
Why would being slightly fat and having freckles would resulted to shaming?
I’m just glad the standards here in the US are lower than the ones in Asia or I’ll be suffocating from the cosmetics. At least we call all agree that acne and dry skin are bad.

So she was originally called plain for some reason, and then became depressed and got fat and didn't take care of her hair and skin...and I bet she'll got on an amazing diet and fitness routine to lose the weight in only 1-3 months, right? And then she'll use her knowledge of future cosmetics to fix her skin and hair, yeah? Just my predictions...

:/ I wish artists would describe what makes characters "plain." She looks so similar to her siblings, just has brown hair unlike her "glamorous" sister? Like, how is her bone structure different? Did they call her plain just bc she was more introverted compared to her siblings? I bet the author will draw her peers slightly "uglier" in features than her too, so how are we supposed to think she's plain compared to them lmao...

her skin melts off... I'm not joking, it's pretty cool than just the regular go on diet regimen that every other similar manga does.

Users who are viewing this thread