I Became the Ugly Lady

Who cares about the beauty standards of any country, people will like what they like. If people don't like being overweight and having freckles then that's there preference. People shouldn't shame or put their own ideals onto another's country view on beauty, it be very boring if all beauty standards are the same and never changing.

Anyway, a country having particular beauty standard when you have a majority of the population liking a particular look, its whatever asethically appealing to the eyes of the general majority of the public, that dictates the standards of beauty. Plus, beauty back then in europe was more centered around your class and wealth; if you were on the heavier side you'd be considered beautiful, but now that were more advanced in agriculture and technology, it changed the way we think of beauty. Where being at a moderate or athletic/fit type of body is what's more desirable, than someone of a heavyset, plus being healthy is what people look for too (that's just basic instincts).

But yeah, that's just what a majority of the population think is what beauty is, if you dont like it then keep being you, but don't shove your ideology of what beauty should be into people's throats, it doesn't work like that, it does more harm than good, to force something onto people.

Alright rant over, I can't wait for more of this, do your best translators!

Oh noooo that last note at the end saying this manhua will no longer be continued being translated 😨 that sucks not knowing what’s going to happen to the fl I hope someone continues this one day please. Thanks for your hard work sleepy translations cheers.

Yo i’ve resigned myself to the fate of my entire body type (ANYTHING above average body wieght) being treated as a social death sentence in manhwa but I can literally NEVER get over the east asian beauty standard of freckles being bad....jesus, i just think they’re super cute, dude, I am waiting for a freckled FL or even ML one day....

lol everyone’s so mad about her being called ugly when she’s just overweight

Supporter
nice to see shoujo protagonists that aren't in-universe beautiful.
though I am about 99% sure she's going to pretty up anyway. that's how it always goes. (or, looking at the cover image, 99.99%)
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if that's not the case.

also I don't think that's freckles. looks like it's supposed to be acne

They never actually said she was ugly in general she’s just average compared to the rest of her family

Bruh, I read the raws and MC literally loses all her fat next chapter. I'm pretty sure Koreans have this disease where they'll die if they have to draw a fat character for more than 3 chapters

@lolnope

as a korean...being slightly overweight is frowned upon by korean society.

that said, i think i prefer i'll save this damn family series better.

Users who are viewing this thread