I Became the Villain's Mother

@111grace11111 sorry that's incorrect we knew it wasn't a oneshot we put in the end credits that we were planning to pick it up it seems there might have been a misunderstanding in ALS side and they might have not read the end credit. either way, we can't battle against them for this unless we want to die so don't worry we're dropping this even though we have 6 raw chapters that haven't been translated. Sadly I wasted my money buying them but still, it does support the author so please if you have the chance to support the author go and do so! edit: we were already done with 1-4 when we decided not to fight for this series and had 5-7 of Raws.

Dri

So what is all this Villainess stuff? Not just talking about this one, but ALL of them. So many of them now, like "I am the villainous Duchess!" or "Villainous Princess won't be defeated!". All that stuff.

When did it start? Who reads it? How did it get so common? Is it the next big thing? The new Iskais?

@Dri It's a new sub genre of isekai, basically isekai for girls based off otome games instead of rpgs and to answer who reads it, I do

@Dri I'm not particularly sure when it started becoming popular in manhwas, but I do know it's been a trend ever since the popularization of isekai. Mainly to appeal for a more female audience compared to most other isekais.

The trope seems to become popular because of the interesting perspective of not being the main heroine position, so they're either starting off with a bad rep already or struggling to avoid a terrible future for themselves. I find it entertaining since they can do a lot of creative liberty and this specific concept proves that the person doesn't have to be isekai'd into the role of heroine/savior to make big changes in things they interact with.

@Lleroi did they really get sniped? Because tbh I refuse to believe anything unless it came from the groups’s offical statements themselves. As I said earlier, they might be collaborating or have some prior agreement of releasing the chapters in their own versions. If one started saying “this group snip that group” you bet your bottom others are sure to follow. I don’t want to see a repeat on TDES with this one, hence why I said a warning. I’m sorry to hear that happened to your group but let’s just hope they didn’t snipe and have an agreement prior.

Dri

@Uni290 Huh, alright. From all the ones I've seen popping up I kinda figured it was targeted more towards female readers. Thanks for info.

Fed-Kun's army
There's seems miscommunication between two scanlator. While look at the update time it looks like als & lonely did this at the same time while not aware that others did too. And thanks god the scanlator was mature and understanding. its ended smooth. My respect to you @koukia.

No snipe drama. Need to keep my popcorn for another case.

Thank you for the translation!!!! This story seem very interesting!! I’m already hooked with just the first at two chapters can’t wait to follow up how the story will go!!!

FINALLY! There were one shots like this, finally a manga that is good as those one shot novels ;-;

@koukia sorry it was quite an assumption I made, I just thought because the chapter was labelled as one shot when lonely AF published it, that you were unaware of the fact that it was actually a full series?

Stop screaming snipe at every turn. Not everything is a snipe. Both group released just roughly hours apart, so there isn't any snipe happening in here.

Also, this thing is already illegal, idk why you all want to put some arbitrary rules on it.

@hyksos @111grace11111 @Mewth and @t0to_reads I'll just say that we do not believe we were snipped it seems to be miscommunications or lack thereof between our two groups since we didn't know ALS was also picking it up until we were 7 chapters in please note that we only wish for this to have steady updates for all of us to enjoy since no group has official ownership of these Manhwas. We all do this simply to help others enjoy these Manhwa's and we understand fighting for it won't be enjoyable. Coming from our leader personally we now get to enjoy reading this without working on it so it's a win-win. if you have any suggestions for Manwha's that aren't taken please do not be afraid to go into our server and put it in the suggestion box.
For those not in our discord, this is the announcement we made in it
""We’re making this announcement today with heavy hearts, both Lolli and I decided to completely drop our new project, “I Became the Villain’s Mother.”

Just to put this out here, we translated and uploaded the prologue first, waiting for the next chapters to come, and when they did, we worked on it. But another group beat us to it. We thank our staff for staying up late and waking up early for this. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. We decided to focus on our other projects instead and hopefully pick up a new series as we continue with our work.

There will be no more talks of a collab. We don’t want to be associated with this project anymore. We’re not willing to drag this group into any sort of conflict just for a project. So please, stay tuned for more projects to come!""

Users who are viewing this thread