I Don't Want to Become Crown Princess!

Call me back when MC stabs ML and elopes with a respectful, understanding and caring partner who doesn't manipulate her, doesn't dismiss contraceptives, doesn't push her past her limits, respects her privacy, and treats her like an actual human being with free will.

Till then, bye.

bruh its just a story, no need to be so triggered. what if it was a book ? would u still drop it? there are so many books out there that have worse situations then this one, this one is soft in my opinion

Will this ever be translated any further? The last 2 chapter took forever and were just extras.

While y'all here ranting about the ML, let me whine about the plot. I'm so tired of FLs running away, not wanting to be princess/empress/love interest of ML, and MLs fawning and obsessing over her. It's overdone and yet I can't remember a single one of them I could appreciate enough.

it's WILD to me the outpouring of vitriol against this story that like... doesn't really do anything that bad? it's about on the level of any other bodice-ripper shoujo. are y'all alright.

dang so many triggered people.. its just fiction. i think this story is hot. its a smut so dont read it like its some deep novel or something. if you think THIS is disturbing, go check out the kind of r18 stuff guys read. fat ugly man etc. you guys would lose your minds. its just fiction!! none of the characters are real. nobody is actually getting hurt.

The prince is a yandere. If I'd known that beforehand I think I could have enjoyed reading it.
It really looked like a "strong FL finds her way to freedom" story, so seeing her plans go to waste and all her exits get blocked was rather upsetting.
I'll be dropping this.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the story isn't as bad as people are making it out to be - just because this isn't a Harlequin novel/manga airy-fairy romance doesn't mean it isn't good.

I will say, the prince is an obsessive, but people can be like that (men AND women), and literature is replete with examples of this. If author would tone down on the creepy stuff, it'd be fine.

@Cerenium
You're making that decision a bit early, no? But whatever, leave if you like; we won't miss you.

The regular "This isn't healthy" "There is no consent" drama continues.
The ML is a yandere- I don't know how old the haters are, but I think everyone here is sentient enough to know that this FICTIONAL relationship which is NOT REAL is unhealthy- and are sensible enough to avoid that irl
I don't see this much hate when the 5345th naked loli HeNti rolls around. If you want to police stuff then please go where actual crimes are taking place (better yet, stop trying to pretend being woke)
Also, if y'all hate the story, you can stop reading it. There are a group of people who comment the same shit every chapter- don't read it if you hate this so much.

Aggregator gang
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't her main objective already achieved? To escape a poly marriage and dude said she'd be his only wife so....?

@Cerenium completely agree with you.

I don't like the direction this manga going on so I'm dropping it.
Yes the ML is a yandere, trying dirty and manipulative moves on the FL. Forceful ML, not a lot of consent and all. I think he's a dirty piece of sh*t and that's unhealthy. Just not my kinks to start with, and the surprise "oh it's this kind of story" contributes to turn me off.
I'm not stoping anyone else to read it. It's my opinion, and it wasn't implied in the description so kinda a "trap" manga. It's not my thing, apparently I wasn't the only one not knowing what I'll read. Deception plus disgust can lead to negative comments you know.

Plus, the whole bullsh*t about hymen and proofs of virginity was the drop of water that makes the vase overflow for me. I was triggered enough to rant... Still, urg, I want to bang the author's head against a wall for that.

That's why smart people usually go to Novel Updates to see the tags of the novel. No surprise then.

About that "bullsh*t", yeah, no, almost all guys would prefer his partner to be "pure" that not, and in medieval eske worlds that would be even more important. Your IRL insecurities doesn't have anything to do with the author, so don't blame him.

Fed-Kun's army
The Male lead is pretty rapey, so watch out for that. But some girls like that, so I guess its fine for them. But when I read shoujos, I read for the drama and the story, but unfortunately, the story in this series and the romance is pretty bland. It always ends with a rapey sex joke, which is incredibly off putting for me, but I guess Japanese people are fine with it, and part of the crowd that goes ("its not rape if they are "together"). Meh.

This manga is absolutely appalling. You're promised a "smart, headstrong FL manage to find herself a way out of being forced into a life she doesn't want" kind of story, but instead we get "smart, headstrong FL comes up with clever plan to avoid being forced into a life she doesn't want but ultimately gets trapped and caged" (not literally). I will never understand how anyone can be into this kind of narcissistic, possessive psycho behavior the prince is displayimg.
I really wanted this to turn around and be good but every chapter I read just makes me more uncomfortable.
@Cerenium and @Azanna I'm with you guys, I have to drop this here before I get too emotionally invested in FL. It already makes me cringe in disgust every time I see the prince's face.

Users who are viewing this thread