I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming. - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Paying a Visit to Their Rooms

Dex-chan lover
Dat dejected tail
Yeah, cat's gonna know about fps, then she blackmail mc to becoming her dog(servant), that's all the context I know from the images in the raws

I know expecting reason in manga is dumb in most cases...but did these people actually think that living so close together and sharing utilities wouldn't lead to a slip-up at some point?

Also, I can imagine drawing soundproofing on their walls being a big hassle, but it doesn't help that their walls look bare for the most part, making me think: "Why haven't they overheard each other live streaming yet?

Dex-chan lover
Once everyone finds about their true selves it's gonna be horror everyone racing for the fame prob.

Group Leader
Fuckin, a studio need to pay hundred thousands of dollar to just rent a full motion capture technology and this highschooler bought it all by herself. Either she's stupid rich or we're entering some sort of alternate reality where any technology that could benefit a streamer took priority over everything else. Normally, an actual Vtuber would only have an Iphone to track his/her face and that's that, the ones that have an entire studio backing them up are the only that can actually get motion capture, and as you can see from couple of their livestream, it still ain't perfect. These lacks of attention of detail is the reason why it constantly pain me to read stuff like this.

@Harambe you give a lot of details XD I can feel you there ... but I think we are not so far from this technology a lot. X3

Fed-Kun's army
@Harambe Have you ever heard of a little device called "Kinect"? Or maybe VR sensor boxes? https://www.engadget.com/2015/03/08/using-the-kinect-for-motion-capture / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFBc3CEXD6I (The article is from FOUR YEARS ago!) Use one of them or a vr motion tracking setup(or BOTH) and you can get some pretty good stuff.. Honestly, unless you want near perfection then you can get away with just these devices and some bands with markings on them on your main points.. Kinda a pain to read comments like your's when they lack understanding easily obtainable through a quick Google search.. ;p (heck just found THIS https://www.reddit.com/r/VirtualYoutubers/comments/9evdmh/vtuber_setup_with_xsens_motion_capture_and_manus/ from googling "vtuber mocap setup" just to check what vtubers use and its pretty much a VR setup with a camera focusing on the face (ie the Kinect if you want low budget) so yeah... xd)

Group Leader
@Goretantath, What if I told you, I'm aware of such technology before even writing my previous comment? What I'm complaining isn't the disconnect between the capability of real world and this work's world. What I'm complaining is that the author only showing the device as nothing more than a couple of bands and pair of gloves. If it shows somekind of camera, or better yet a kinect, I won't complain. The problem is that they only show a couple of strap thingy to track her motion, which led to my assumption that the author had no Idea what they're doing. Although, I did only fact check my comment once with a quick google search, (it led me to here ), I didn't google Other Vtubers set up and if I did, I missed some whom use Xbox Kinect and/or Open VR as their main tracking device. It is completely a mistake on my part, I skipped searching Vtuber using kinect entirely, considering that Xbox ownership is very low in japan (unless of course, we're entering a pararrel universe where Xbox is the most popular console in Japan).

VR motion capture using motion sensors is possible, grab a couple of vive tracker and/or full on Vr setup and ditch the Headset (ignoring its price for just a sec) and you can do a pretty decent fullbody tracking (not a very detailed one, but hey we're already talking about the Kinect). But that's not what we see either, they didn't mention nor show outside sensors (if they did, MC would've notice it when looking inside her room), the only thing they show is strategically placed straps, and a pair of gloves. Vive trackers NEEDS outside tracker to function properly (That's those light box thingy), their sensors tend to drift and malfunction without it and/or need other re-calibrating method, on top of that those sensors are pretty big, or at least big enough that you can't fit it inside a glove.

And don't get me even started with Face capture. I refuse to call that constant blinking, squinting, and disconnect between the voice and mouth movement (She's suppose to be a singer) a decent representation of human face. Software are improving fast, don't get me wrong, the couple of demos already available can get some pretty decent result in a controlled environment, but most of it are tech demos, and stay that way most of the time.

If you can suggest me another way to track human motion and emotion, I'd be VERY interested. I'm very enthusiastic about this field. It's a very close field to my heart and I can assure you I'm not just blindly throwing shade for the sake of mocking this work. I'm just a bit upset that the author didn't do his/her research enough about this topic to the point I can be content with it. Thanks for the feedback though! Much appreciated.

Edit: I did some googling afterward and found this which is a Kigurumi Live Animator set up. This, I assume, is the reference the artist use. Again, the technology isn't something a highschooler can rent or buy. Although this did validate that motion tracking is possible with a couple of straps and a pair of gloves(It also doesn't need a huge lighthouse sensors like I previously mention). Which, I guess invalidate some of my points

Edit Edit: I did some even more googling, and it turns out, it's possible to motion capture face pretty darn Accurately in a moderately controlled environment. Turns out, all the Vtuber I've been watching just doesn't use the right Tech

Edit Edit Edit: I just realize that Being Vtuber isn't that hard anymore, I'm ditching everything and turning myself into a cute highschool girl Vtuber and catfish some horny weebs, thanks to this discussion I've finally reach enlightenment and can fully turn myself into a pseudo E-girl.
Thank you.

Fed-Kun's army
@Harambe Well that was a rollercoaster i missed out on by 13+ days o.o glad to help? *secretly scurries off to become a v-tuber as-well*

Oh jeez, I’m on the first page. Is he gonna learn all their secrets and have to promise not to tell everyone else? Even though they are all live steams and have no reason to hide it from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread