I Gave Birth to the Villain's Child - Ch. 9

I get that he needed a cheep and lazy reason to see the scars....i guess [instead of ding an investigation with his millions of dollars] but he really should leave the room, she' was clearly upset.

The memes at the end of each chapter are top tier but oh my god THIS ONE had me CACKLING💀💀💀😭😭

when you're married and have a kid but still in the friendzone

Double-page supporter
The meme though. So true! 🤣🤣
This is why I love reading manga on sites like this.
I just read this on Kakaopage, but we couldn't post any pictures in the comment section. There wasn't any translator's sidenotes too (sometimes I love to read side notes from translators. Haha)
Thank you for the chapters you uploaded, and for the meme! 😄

Starting to like it just because they acknowledge mental illness and the cute little boy🥰
But boy, the art needs some milk!

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Mm, can't say I'm a big fan. The way everything is portrayed it makes me feel like this abuse is in the story exclusively as a cheap plot device to run the whole "icy ML learns to love" sympathy spiel, which is a premise I usually like but in this work it feels extremely two-dimensional. Our FL's behavior towards the duke plays into this as well, and because of the lack of any introspection and properly developed backstory as to why she's so prickly and refuses anything good offered to her she doesn't really feel like a real person and instead feels more like a cardboard cutout character that screams "pity me".

Does she refuse servants because she feels that she doesn't deserve it? Or is it because of trust issues? Or does she feel like being surrounded by servants given to her by this random powerful person who bought her is encroaching on what little agency she has left? Is she afraid that the duke will discover that the child is his? If they're trying to portray her as this depressed and reclusive personality, how come she's carrying herself with so much poise? There are so many things left just blandly hand waved and I feel like at this point it's gone past the point where it can be salvaged

God dam it every time I look at the memes at the end i just can’t stop my self from laughing at them

@N2O i'm taking a lot of liberties but i'd guess the fl is so apathetic is because of her father's treatment of her after her pregnancy was exposed. she obviously lost the favor of the original suitor her father had lined up for her, she's a noble lady with a child out of wedlock (which for the time period is almost damning), and her father kept her in a back room with what we're now learning was barely enough food to function while having her work as a servant in that same house. it's no wonder she became withdrawn.

Dex-chan lover
oh what a miracle, is he a mind reader? to be honest- I cried a little despite the sarcasm, cause it really suck to be vulnerable and exposing wounds and weaknesses. it's fictional but I wish, can only wish that this will happen. all the signs were there even without the ML being present, his small interactions with her gave him enough hints.
It really feels nice, because there is another series with a FMC where she went through abuse, but it's not this- in fact it's terrible that the ML isn't being considerate and is just having his way with her. the FMC is shows signs of trauma so it's not like the author's glossing it over either

(in the middle of the chapter, after the "Let's be friends" talk) oh~ gosh... He's going to regret tha~t 🎶 (🤣)

(at the end of the chapter) boy, go beat the 💩 out of your father-in-law 😠 make use of that reputation you've been entitled with 💢

Users who are viewing this thread