I Had That Same Dream Again - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - Life is like Pudding

Dex-chan lover
I wish it were a bit more ambiguous about these relations. I'd like to feel more "are they ... or aren't they ...". But it's really rather blatant ^^;

Man, that kid sure is brave. I'll never be able to willingly approach someone who said they hate me the most, even if it wasn't actually meant.

I GET IT

They are all her future self!!!!

Minami disappeared, because that part of Nanako ceased to exist anymore!

Abazure-san is her adult self, and the granny is her old self!!

Damn, it's sad that a bright and cheerful girl like her can become like that because of society

Supporter
@pyoro I get what you mean, but at the same time you can't sustain that kind of thing through three iterations - it'll only hold up through the first one, and then trying to keep it uncertain is going to ruin anything else you're trying to say.

This is all about the emotional lessons of life, told through a variant of the pretty universal stages-of-life trope (for women the maiden, the mother and the crone are the classic, but the same idea applies pretty universally, from ancient Greek riddles to big budget Hollywood movies). The "supernatural" framing here is just scaffolding for the rest of the story - maybe it would have been better without it, maybe it's worth having, whatever the case this is the story we're reading . . .

Contributor
@himi-cat If you read the comments on the later chapters it appears that some people are not convinced yet. So it might not actually be that obvious?

Dex-chan lover
why did she cried? are they all her future self? then that means her parents will die in the near future... hmmm

@ElfWastken from what i saw so far(as im reading this) they are POSSIBLE future selfs of her, the Highschool girl who cuts her self was a possible future where her Parents died on that Open Classroom day, that was averted thus that future ceased to be a possibility, thus the higschool girl disapeared.

Dex-chan lover
What a wholesome story. Wish I'd have such a smart and brave daughter like her.
I think she isn't meant to portrait an actual children, she is a sort of vehicle for the story to convey the messages... So, for me it's more like "I wish I could teach these wholesome lessons to a child like her". If that makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
Page 18 is a masterpiece. It was able to characterize 9 kids in 1 page. I have never seen anything like page 1. It also made the made the "crowd feel like people and not just something that's there. I have seen it in other manga but not many other manga, it's rare. I'm surprised no one else is taking about page 18.

image.png

when you finally found the manga you missed for years but forget the name

Dex-chan lover
Page 18 is a masterpiece. It was able to characterize 9 kids in 1 page. I have never seen anything like page 1. It also made the made the "crowd feel like people and not just something that's there. I have seen it in other manga but not many other manga, it's rare. I'm surprised no one else is taking about page 18.
right?!? it's like it was saying "even though people may go along with the crowd, they still have their own reasons for it". it's easy to scapegoat people who go along with bullying as being mindless automatons, but it's not really all that true. i even liked how they showed kids who weren't really on board with it/didn't quite know what was going on but were still thinking about the classroom dynamics

Users who are viewing this thread