I Love Amy - Ch. 45 - Dear Julia

Double-page supporter
This is such a heartbreaking chapter, i love so much how they build up aunt Joy's character, i can't help but love her!! It's so sad yet so heartwarming to see her come to terms with everything, acknowledge her mistakes and decide to try and be better :meguuusad:. Definitely nervous for the reunion with the mom though, can't wait!

Dex-chan lover
Man this chapter hit hard. This series is so good at building characters even if they are just minor in a way that makes you sympathize with their troubles. So nice to see Joy trying to learn from her mistakes but acknowledging she also hurt Amy in the process

Fed-Kun's army
That had to be one of the best title drops I've seen.🥲 Something so powerful of having that proclamation said by Aunt Joy. Maybe because I've always associated the title with romantic love since the story is centered on Amy and Bibi so Joy's outburst of familial love for Amy really hit hard.

Group Leader
Scannie here, wanted to drop some notes I forgot to add:

When Joy says she'll "write [Julia] a reading prayer" it is in reference to a part of the Korean funeral tradition to offer a prayer to the dead.

Second, whilst in past chapters I had Joy refer to Julia as sister or just by name, as this is a canonically Asian-American family I thought it'd be more intimate if Joy called Julia "unnie" aka older sister. The series uses a mix on English and Korean in-universe so same goes for Joy's letter being in Korean and not English.

Scannie here, wanted to drop some notes I forgot to add:

When Joy says she'll "write [Julia] a reading prayer" it is in reference to a part of the Korean funeral tradition to offer a prayer to the dead.

Second, whilst in past chapters I had Joy refer to Julia as sister or just by name, as this is a canonically Asian-American family I thought it'd be more intimate if Joy called Julia "unnie" aka older sister. The series uses a mix on English and Korean in-universe so same goes for Joy's letter being in Korean and not English.
So Julia actually dead?
Or is it just joy hate Julia so much that she live believing Julia s dead because Julia's not the same anymore.
And is this the end? Because it says completed

Group Leader
So Julia actually dead?
Or is it just joy hate Julia so much that she live believing Julia s dead because Julia's not the same anymore.
And is this the end? Because it says completed
The Completed/Ongoing label is for original publication not fan translation but yes next chapter is the last one of the main story.

Julia isn't dead. At the end of the chapter Joy mentions Julia coming to visit. The funeral prayer was a joke she made when she was young eg "I won't write you a letter till you're dead" type of way.

Users who are viewing this thread