I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Hanami

Thank you for finishing the translation!
This is distinctly not a romance, despite the tags saying as much. I enjoyed the interactions between the more major characters, but it got more and more unfocused as the story went on. If it had not been axed, I could see it building up to a nice conclusion. But as it is, it's just another axed manga that failed to realize the goal that the author had for it.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say that it's not a romance. Depending on how you interpret spending 70 years together, it could be an indirect confession or it could grow to be love. Besides that, I'm so sad this got axed all that time back. It's such a good and precious manga.

Aggregator gang
Man, this is a sad, sad day for humanity.

I remember when I first saw the first chapter's pages on an Instagram post and thought "Heh, this is gonna be good for like 5 chapters and then, it's gonna become boring", but holy shit am in need of more now. At first, I thought I'd let it build up on chapters so I've been putting it aside.

But now I decide to come back and see that it got axed? Whoever decided to axe it deserves the axe on a chopping block a la french revolution.

Thanks for the SL teams and kind strangers for giving us these high-quality chapters, but still...

I won't be able to sleep now knowing this potential masterpiece is incomplete.

eca.jpg

Last edited:
Group Leader
Thank you for the translations! All beautiful things must end - especially so if you're a well-written manga that still has a lot of potential but unfortunately is a bit too niche

Dex-chan lover
Axe is hard here but what a sweet series. I'm just happy it managed emotional depth in such a few chapters, and I'm just happy everyone is still friends. I would have liked to see some romance but Yuito intends for his friendship to last with Sanako forever, so maybe that might be good enough for now.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was a weird way to end the story. Her new look in college is actually pretty nice though.

why good manga always getting axed while trashy isekai op harem shit get like 100 chap atleast

Dex-chan lover
I don't think that this was the most amazing manga, but it was sincere and heartfelt, and the interpersonal difficulties it grappled with are real.

The fact that soulless lazy generic power fantasy RPG game knockoff harem slop is permitted to proliferate, while something that actually tries gets axed - there really is no justice. Or at least no taste.

Users who are viewing this thread