I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 28

Double-page supporter
Well, I'm glad she got to this point, but I feel that for such a devoted fan it took too long to realize that her perspective of the world was based on an unreliable narrator. It's a very basic literary device, and the forums for the story should have had loads of people speculating on wether the temple was good or not. Such a devoted fn should have been well aware of all the speculation available, especially as it pertains to wether her favorite character was being manipulated or not.

That aside, the pills do exactly what everyone expected they do, and the pain she felt was what people speculated it was. So that's good. As to why they did it, I can imagine a few reasons. It may be the temple sensed something special about her when she was born, like she was the reincarnation of the original saintess from 500 years ago or whatever, and they didn't want the competition. So they suppressed her. Or maybe they had some reason to want her family line to pass to her uncle (maybe he had contacts in the temple and arranged it himself), so they stunted her mana so she'd be passed over and her inheritance given to her uncle. I still want to learn if her father is aware of what the pills did and was fooled as well, or he was in on it. I doubt it, since he seemed very devoted to her. Also, have we heard about her mother at all? She should be a light element user as well, right?

I like the duke more and more everyday. I don’t mind his level of ego.
Lets stan the duke guys! (Abel will be our cute little brother who must be protected!)

I really like the pacing of this.
As always, thank you translators!

Double-page supporter
@beazacha Makes sense. You don't get a monopoly of light users without, one taking kids away from families and playing around with eugenics. Remember, the nobles all arrange marriages to keep magic lines strong. Which is also a form of eugenics. The Church's priests can't marry (I think) in this world, so where are they getting all these light users? Isn't strong magics a recessive trait? Secretly keeping control of bloodlines with storng light magic. Her family is supposed to have very pure light mage lines yet why has it been so many generations since they have seen a mage in their family? Because it would ruin the churches claim that light magic is a divine power from god if non church folk could use it too. Then it would just be a magic that the church is monopolizing not a divine gift. People would have less faith and the church would have less influence and money(donations)

Fed-Kun's army
ngl I’d read the novel “persona” if it exist irl
it sounds interesting

So glad she figured it out, it pains me when the FL has the answer right in front of her face but doesn't put two and two together. Also @ anyone who's interested in isekais/stories based on assumptions from an unreliable/biased narrator, it's not a manga but https://www.novelupdates.com/series/death-progress-bar/ is really good. If you're okay with bl and haven't read it I'd recommend giving it a shot :D

Now ... how will they handle these news???
I would have left the continent and started a new life in an other.

ooh the pills were definitely suspicious, but I didn't expect the bigger twist of her understanding of the world to be based on unreliable narration. I wonder what the implications are though, does this mean the author always planned for the temple to be evil based on the title or has the world simply gone beyond 👀

Aggregator gang
ahh... from what i picked up is that shes the actual angel, she got assassinated when she was young in the novel and it was covered up by the church, so now our mc is alive in her body and her mana is being suppressed by said church and her father is trying to maintain it so he doesn't die from them so now that shes going to be married the truth will come out which part of it already has.

Does this mean she isn't actually weak but it's just the pills that make her weak?

Pretty much, for what i understand mana works like blood with the nexus being the heart, the medicine she is taking is supressing her mana, which would be like slowing down the blood circulation of the body, making the person weak, but when she stops taking it the mana would rush back in one go, that way creating extreme amounts of pain as her body is not adapted to it. Like when a part of your body fall at sleep and when it recover you feel painful buzzing or needle sensation, but multply it to every limb, vein, organ and nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread