I Married the Male Lead's Dad - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Tysm for updating!
Also grown up Abel is a skinny legend just like his father I swear they can wrap their hands around their waists. 😂

This is just my guess but
i think Aisha was supposed to be THE saintess, based on the prophesy in the earlier chapter. But because she was born in an aristocratic house and not the temple, thus making the temple unable to fully control her, they resorted to blackmailing/trick the still devout patriarch into giving her the mana suppressant pills that will slowly kill her and in process took her powers and give it to Deborah, who is basically their puppet

I thought so too cuz of the novel's title, Persona, which means mask and the fact that the novel is in first person perspective. Something fishy fishy suspish

I wonder if the reason the temple is always suppressing the light attributes mana is because they want to keep the healing properties to themselves. Just a guess. Also, whys the temple like always gotta be evil lmao

Thanks for the translations!!!!

I just love how whenever the title “persona” is mentioned, Able possesses like a persona (games) character 😂

I'm 80% sure that they're suppressing her mana and prepping her body for when the Female Lead's (Deborah or whatever her name is) spirit is ready to take over. And the dad's probably not in on the big secret but he's been so indoctrinated by the temple's ideology that he'd still go along with this BS even if the he were to be presented with the evidence.

oooof now it's getting scary.

...but hey does that mean she could save her husband and son if she had mana?

i also wonder if the temple supressed mana of anyone else from the barony before. any past generation healers who couldn't manifest anything and took 'pills' to help them... hm. getting interesting

Double-page supporter
oof the plot thickens.
is the temple trying to make and/or promoting "saint/saintess" figure of their choice by suppressing every other light properties user? (in this line of thinking, Deborah and the temple would be in cahoots). or are they trying to keep their influence by doing so? to prevent another coming of the saintess?

and i have to agree I love unreliable narrator troupe

Dex-chan lover
HelplessWeepyHapuka-max-1mb.gif

Oh. my. god.

shit i thought it's only light-hearted fangirling in aisha's part and the duke's hillariously big ego. never thought the plot to be this deep and dark

Yesssss what an interesting twist! Normally I hate the whole 'actually the FL/ML/characters of the novel were really evil all along!' kind of thing, but since we're in the pre-story timeline and not in the actual novel it's a lot more interesting to me. Plus the unreliable narrator really opens up a lot of stuff to be questioned, and raises the stakes a lot more!! Exciting!!!

I hope that Deborah and the temple aren't in league with each other like a conspiracy against Abel or something - I'd have to go back and reread the parts that involve the 'actual story' details, but with the borderline eugenics-y way that Aisha's family only marries other light users, the temple's hoarding of light users, and the description of Deborah that says she's the only one who can use light magic as she pleases, it makes me wonder if Deborah's actually a child whose existence slipped the temple's leash, so to speak. Ahhh I wanna know!

I bet the temple's behind Aisha's father opposing the marriage as well, it's suspicious.

Double-page supporter
Ahhh this is so interesting I never thought that the female lead could be deceiving Abel at all! That would be so cool if a book did that and revealed everything you thought you knew about the story was flawed and unreliable after the first book, but I imagine how scary that would be if you were living in that world and were working on false assumptions
Thanks for the chapter!!

Users who are viewing this thread