I Married the Male Lead's Dad

I think everyone's missing a point here. It's true that most of you don't care about the sniping issue (that's what I see anyway) but the problem doesn't get fixed at all. We don't know if the sniping isn't intentional or not (unheard announcement). However, both teams will believe it's a snipe either way.

That said, Sawateam will continue scanlating this as per normal, so does the Asura scans. This fight will not be over unless one of them goes down. They're just accusing each other.

From my point of view, I believe Asura should drop this, even if they did put up the chapter first with scheduled release timing (it wasn't there at all when the first chapter was released). They're partly to blame because they could release it way earlier than Sawa, and they didn't.

Honestly idc about any of this snipe drama, I follow both scan teams and as long as I read quality updates it doesn’t matter who posts it, but what I don’t get is y ppl are shitting on asura scan work. You realise just because there’s a mistake or two it doesn’t take away from how hard they worked on it. If you don’t want to read it then don’t, no one is forcing you, but both groups worked hard on it regardless of which one you prefer, so can everyone just chill and just enjoy the updates.

Aggregator gang
@LoliJuicy

A lot of manga on this website have multiple fan translations and there's no problem with it so why should asura drop this? If you want to read sawa then that's fine just wait for them but I will read asura and I'm sure there are many other readers who prefer asura too

@ojoudere I get your point, but sniping is a huge thing to scanlation teams (The staff don't handle this situation). There's no end to it no matter what, because they fight. What the team get from being sniped is a waste of currency to raw providers and a waste of time dedicating to editing SFX and such.

So this "there's no problem with it" of yours is invalid, snipppppppppppppppppinnnnnnnnnggg is a huge concern to scanlators. Otherwise, they'll be chill with it. You rarely see sniping in another language, just mostly English.

The drama is such a waste of space. Groups should be able to translate whatever they want. The "first to claim" thing sucks when one of the translators you don't like picks up something you wanted to read. (Not saying I dislike either of these teams translations, it's just happened on other Manga I wanted to read.)
The updates can be annoying but that's a problem with the sites update system and not any of the translators fault.

As for the whole, "the fight won't be over unless one team goes down" bs. The fight will be over if the groups act like adults and just let it go. If they don't see eye to eye there isn't a point in continuing petty drama.

So thankful for Sawateam's translation, this Web comic seems so interesting! 🤩

I honestly don't understand the obsession with having only one group doing translation for a series. I understand that money and time are spent on raws and translations, but fans of a particular group can just donate to that group for raws, and read their preferred translation. There's a ting of "morality" that comes into play with these discussions that doesn't make sense since translations like these are a moral (and legal) Grey area at best.

This isn't a dog eat dog world, there shouldn't be any loss of profit, and having more people purchasing raws should in theory provide more income for the og author.

I hope that Sawateam doesn't get discouraged and that they won't drop this series. Knowing what the sound effects (and minor commentary that aren't within the speech bubbles) say really changes the flow of the story, and Asura doesn't translate those (at least thus far). There were entire lines of dialogue skipped by the Asura team (presumably because it wasn't within a speech bubble) that Sawateam translated, and it does help set the mood and tone of an encounter when you know what the sfx are.

If you're learning Korean (or know enough to understand the sfx), this may not be as big an issue for you, though. If you don't, I recommend re-reading the chapter once Sawa posts it, as I've found that my understanding of how certain scenes were playing out changed pretty significantly once I knew everything that was going on.

@__nil I sort of see your point? I think this is more of dumbed down sasaeng behavior though, maybe toeing the line of highly dedicated fangirl. The reason why I wouldn't say MC is a sasaeng is because she doesn't actually invade (and make Abel uncomfortable) Abel's personal space like sasaeng's do irl. Instead, she's more like a super rich fangirl i would say? But yeah, I do see the aspects of watered down sasaeng behavior the more I think about it.

@kittykittyimacat thats a mangadex issue cuz their servers cant handle the stress well. try refreshing a couple times till it loads or clearing ur cookies and then coming back

Thank u all for the translations, I really appreciate your work ❤️ Of u both ❤️
For me there is no reason to become angry towards one group or another.
Every group has its own time and reasons, please don’t say bad things cause they are translating for us 😘

Users who are viewing this thread