I MTL For My Sister

Group Leader
@eejil Thank you for dropping here but I don't really check the comment section here much 😅 Anyway happy new year to you and stay safe wherever you are!

Thank you so much for your translations ! Honestly, just ignore what others are saying because first of all, it’s not them putting in the work it’s you! Thank you very much for you hard work and please continue to do your best! You’re doing amazing and those who say otherwise seriously don’t know the amount of work you put in!

Group Leader
@Kaniie I've actually received some hate messages in my inbox too but it is fine since I can't please everyone 🤭 if it makes them feel better to have someone to complain at, I don't mind receiving them. I will continue translating when they are available. Anyway, thank you for your kind words ! This is the reason why I enjoy translating 😊

Perhaps next time you should communicate with the existing scan groups before one sidedly decided to upload your version of scanlations. That way you can avoid misunderstanding and at the same time appreciating their effort who has started the scanlation earlier than you.

I believe this is not the matter of who /which side get the most hate, instead it is more about how you able to be ethical and appreciate each other as groups who voluntarily provide scanlations. By contacting them beforehand also helps to convey any good intention you have by doing your version of scanlation, and that way readers will not be on the loss of losing a great quality scanlations. In a free & voluntary community like mangadex, respect and ethical appreciation is the only benefit any scanlation groups get. We can’t expect people to respect us and our works if we ourselves can’t or even won’t respect others.

Group Leader
@WthRUDoin This is something that people keep forgetting, the manga/manhwa/manhua belongs to its original author/artist and nobody else. Should I be asking them for permission before I start translating?

@elezend well.... snipping is actually considered quite rude. It's because a group has already dedicated themselves to translating a specific webtoon, however when someone snips from them, it taking the very thing they are dedicated to.
And yes, the webtoon does belong to the original author, however when a group translates a specific webtoon, it's kind of like they agreed upon taking the job of translating. So when someone takes that away from them, it's taking away the job they took upon themselves.
So it's better to ask permission from the group that's scanlating. It's more respectful and ethical that way.

Group Leader
@Mikasa_Min Thank you for dropping by 😊. I'm aware that everyone can voice their opinions on the internet and sometimes, arguments will become endless.

Anyway, I hope your day will be a great one tomorrow ! Don't forget to wear mask and stay safe. 😷

es said they don't give a fuck about this person doing translations so y'all can stop looking like absolute fools now

p.s. @elezend thank you for your hard work and providing translations, i hope you and your sister are doing well and keeping safe 😌

@elezend

Actually I myself (as I believed many others individuals and scan groups on mangadex, yet I only represent my own opinion here and am not speaking obh of other) do aware of the legality aspect of any manga/manhua/manhwa. Their respect of the original author and artist is the very ground reason the rules on mangadex exist, whereas you will find many if not all scanlators who would immediately dropped their project once the official release for that particular language is available, even before they were requested to by the original author/publisher.

Also,many dedicated scangroups goes their extent to basing their works on the paywalled original raws, instead of free screenshots from aggregator sites that illegally profits from the ads.

“This is something that people keep forgetting, the manga/manhwa/manhua belongs to its original author/artist and nobody else. Should I be asking them for permission before I start translating?”

Look here, I never wanted to argue or stopping you from doing you, but honestly, the way you use those phrase above is so twisted and worse is contradictory to what you did. Just because you argue it doesn’t belong to nobody else beside the author/artist, doesn’t mean that what you do are better/purer/more right than the other. And you do realize that your raws are coming from aggregators sites right?

And yes to your question if you want to justify that what you do is at least better in legality (since yours are flawed in quality of images and translations, and therefore lesser resources and effort compare to the other scangroup(s)), no one stopping you from asking permission to the original author.

Again, not a single person here can/will stop you from doing what you do/did here; In fact many here are appreciating your uploads. However my last point still stand valid, if we can’t -or even worse- will not respect other’s effort/work, don’t expect people to respect ours.

I really want to thank you for you work and say I appreciate your dedication. I don't know why someone say bad things, but I want you know I very gratefull

Thank you so much for your translations ! Just ignore the hate! No group have the ownership of anything.
And remember, do it for your sister! :)

Thank you for bringing us this translation! I’m truly grateful since this one of my favorite manhwa and I can’t buy it anywhere. Ignore the hate! There’s always bound to be some in this world. Stay safe and positive!!

Users who are viewing this thread