I Only Want to Beat You - Ch. 121

Supporter
The phrase they use there is 썸남, which is a slang in korean meaning "some guy". It's typically referred to a man with whom the other person has some sort of vague, flirtatious relationship thats between friendship and romance. So its not explicitly crush, but thats the best equivalent I could think of, since it still means a relationship that hasn't been defined or labeled as an official relationshippppp

good question though!!
Ive seen 'some' used in the korean media before so im familiar with it as a concept already, but im wondering, would you equate it to a situationship? or is a situationship still too much further/down the line and 'some' is still way more vague/less defined than one?

Group Leader
Ive seen 'some' used in the korean media before so im familiar with it as a concept already, but im wondering, would you equate it to a situationship? or is a situationship still too much further/down the line and 'some' is still way more vague/less defined than one?
Yeah 'some' is still more vague. I'd say 'some' is the stage before situationship, because in situationship the 2 already acknowledge this dynamic whether is spoken or unspoken and intend to continue with it, meanwhile with 'some' the 2 probably don't even acknowledge it, so its not defined, but it could develop into situationship

Supporter
I remember when someone said the reason Gigo kept winning is because he always either pick on weaklings or just plays dirty... I guess we have our confirmation 😅

I am a mature person I should not be flailing around in my bed the way I currently am... :oooo:

Users who are viewing this thread