I Quit the Hero's Party - Ch. 7

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like the world building is a bit messy. Mainly because the author just add a bunch of stuff without proper set up. But, what I dislike the most is the other character being arogan and jerk just for the sake of antagonizing the mc. I really hate this kind of trope.

Well, I will keep reading this series tho. Just because I like the genderswap story and the thing I mention before is something than I can still stomach for now.

Yeah I fear this will heavily use the "antagonize the MC unnecessarily so the MC can show of superiority" trope.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the world building is a bit messy. Mainly because the author just add a bunch of stuff without proper set up. But, what I dislike the most is the other character being arogan and jerk just for the sake of antagonizing the mc. I really hate this kind of trope.

Well, I will keep reading this series tho. Just because I like the genderswap story and the thing I mention before is something than I can still stomach for now.
It's an idiot ball plot.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the tower heads have all the reasons to be angry. Instead of properly supervising students, MC goaded them into taking a risky bet. He is supposed to be a teacher, not a troublemaker sempai!

Dex-chan lover
Can I just say I like 3 of the 4 genius kids so far? They're a bit haughty cause they're powerful but I like the honesty.

Dex-chan lover
Seems decent so far also what's the point in not telling ppl who the Mc really is

Seems like MC just doesn't want to deal with the politics of his previous position (that's why they burn all the letters asking for him, and even using being his mentor's adopted daughter as fake background)

So him getting genderbent is sort of a good thing for starting a new life.

At least not all the teachers/students are blind by ego, the black tower master here at least was paying attention.

Dex-chan lover
The glossing over of whatever deal was made that turned him into a girl is the most convoluted part so far. It's like the author made up three different reasons why, and forgot each of the earlier reasons because of how abrupt and indirect each scene about it is.

If it was intentionally done it sucks, and if it was an accident it also sucks. Same thing with students just suddenly attacking each other. It ruined all the setup up to that point for the test, and the reader is just supposed to infer that they get to play by separate rules.

It's like someone who can write takes a break every 12 panels and someone who can't takes over for 5 panels. Sad, because there is a lot that is interesting and presented well.

Double-page supporter
RT
The glossing over of whatever deal was made that turned him into a girl is the most convoluted part so far. It's like the author made up three different reasons why, and forgot each of the earlier reasons because of how abrupt and indirect each scene about it is.

If it was intentionally done it sucks, and if it was an accident it also sucks. Same thing with students just suddenly attacking each other. It ruined all the setup up to that point for the test, and the reader is just supposed to infer that they get to play by separate rules.

It's like someone who can write takes a break every 12 panels and someone who can't takes over for 5 panels. Sad, because there is a lot that is interesting and presented well.
I've gotten the impression from the offset that the genderbent side of the story is just a case of "Today Episode: The Writer's Barely-Disguised Fetish". Its always felt by and large completely and utterly pointless to the overall story when, like you said, you'd think someone who got that bombshell suddenly dropped into their lap would be a LOT more concerned about it.
The story as a whole feels very hand-wavey about elements it should be far more focused on going into detail on.

Users who are viewing this thread