I Raised the Beast Well - Ch. 13

I'll be honest, this story is getting boring with the "uwu romance" things. Guess it's to be expected. Bridey seems to have no intention of wanting to actually be involved with her family and would rather cut ties with them entirely. And I get it, it makes sense because she suffered abuse because her father never once came for her.

But for me, I prefer family stories where they can overcome hardships and learn to get along with one another. I'm basically numb to romance cause I've read them so much.

Dex-chan lover
wait omg thats the view amon always sees as a cat ncbsjcjdj 😖😖😖💥✨

@Manhwalover69
Better a tyrant father that learns to change and grow because of family than just the typical romance stuff that you can find in literally any story. It isn't hard at all since romance can be tacked on in literally any story. It's actually more challenging to actually develop a relationship with estranged family members.

And the thing is, I like Blondina's personality. I know this story is literally brought up as a romance from the summary to the literal title, but reading the first chapters, I had hoped that romance wasn't the only focus and there would actually be development in the family where she learns to accept them despite their differences.

Maybe it's going to happen eventually, but right now, it's aggravating to watch that all we get is, "I don't care about my family members at all. I just wish they would forever leave me along because they can die for all I care." I get it, but still, it's annoying.

lol i thought she was talking abt cat nip n amon was abt to get high or smth. also ovo the way amon immediately left the plant for birdy was 🥺

@omegaxis1

Hard disagree, at least on your point about acceptance. Sure, romance does get tacked on to these stories, but that’s the genre for you. Blondina doesn’t owe them acceptance just because they’re blood-related. We’ve also clearly seen that the father knows how to treat children with kindness and respect seeing how he treats his other daughter. So he just chooses to be an asshole to Blondina.

If there was a more complex story behind their dislike of her, then I’d be willing to see a redemption arc. But as it is, they just treat her cruelly for no reason. Also, at this point, the whole “tyrant father has changed” is a whole trope of its own so one could argue that Blondina’s unflinching “fuck you” attitude is actually a nice change of pace.

Fed-Kun's army
They have a good dynamic. Also why the fuck should she forgive her shit box of a dad. It's on the level where even getting down on his knee's and begging isnt enough. Plus he's only interested in her for selfish reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread