I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
@Hanassi I read a lot of isekai manhwa and manga so I get what you mean.
A few novels on RoyalRoad by an author named Andur expanded my perspective on isekai/ reincarnator MCs quite a bit so I'll share some insight from him with you. This is due to his novels having the interconnected thread of a handful of characters consistently being Isekai'd.
Let's look at it in a different lens.
Usually in the first reincarnation or when the MC is Isekai'd as a baby, they are prone to falling in the pitfall of being influenced by their biology (the challenges of adapting, puberty, and new familial figures). The cases where we get hard-ass MCs from birth is when they have very driven personalities.
Multi-instance reincarnators have developed a more structured personality and thus are often more solidly driven when faced with difficult scenarios.
In the case of this story, I believe the MC was just absorbed in the nature of her life. Honestly, it's so tragic to have your mother die in childbirth and I think she as a child was drawn to family acceptance over independent action.
Yeah, I enjoy the stories but sometimes a bit more flavor text or character musings would go a long way in setting the personalities of certain characters.

@CrimsonWarden that actually helped OwO thanks! Now I can kinda see why some MC that were reincarnated as a baby act the way they do. Makes sense why some of them even tho they are full fledged adults, mentally, act childishly while giving us an perfect explanation, example, exploring as a kid thinking you're mentally old and can take care of yourself while in actuality they just become a lost kid that wandered off on its own and now is in some sort of trouble. Biology huh? That actually makes a lot of sense. Also true that a lot of MC i might have come across where very driven.
Tho a bit of an explanation from the author would've helped lol
Thansk again for the insight and also for reading my rant hahaha ^-^

Dex-chan lover
@Hanassi No probs, my culture friend. This perspective is actually brewing over in the web novel circles I follow and had a few enlightening conversations between aspiring writers.
Also this was being emphasized by some authors as a point of criticism to the over use of the trope and the lack of justification made by other web novel writers for why their herbivore MCs become super chad predators in a new world.
Another line I enjoy from them is "Nuance/Context go a long way"

I keep hearing Bellesac's voice in my head as Draco Malfoy because of that half-blood line,
and what is up with his name !?
lmao it's like his parents were asking for him to be nicknamed a scrotum 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread