I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 3 Ch. 149

Dex-chan lover
Problem is that she is not good enough. She invest so much, yet she failed even in "original" timeline. If, instead of intrigues, she actually do government work, she would still loose, maybe even faster, because she's surrounded by incompetent people, even her son and father are subpar. She rose so high, but still can't do too much. Even if she technically "beat" Lombardy originally, it's solely because of Patriarch illness and his first son being stupid (the same problem she have)
She owns the first sons wife socially so that was part of her plotting in the original timeline. To put a idiot as the patriarch.

Problem is that she is not good enough. She invest so much, yet she failed even in "original" timeline. If, instead of intrigues, she actually do government work, she would still loose, maybe even faster, because she's surrounded by incompetent people, even her son and father are subpar. She rose so high, but still can't do too much. Even if she technically "beat" Lombardy originally, it's solely because of Patriarch illness and his first son being stupid (the same problem she have)
Yeah her true issue is that she does not (or cannot) challenge the status quo and has to live convincing the men in power around her that her ideas are their ideas. That's why she's the counterpart to Florentia, since the Empress is raised in a traditional patriarchal family and has success in spite of her family, whereas Florentia under Lombardi's rules is successful because of her family.

Dex-chan lover
This is the big difference between the Lombardis and the Angenas.

Both of them may be money-centric, but the Lombardis (most of them anywho) would be digging through the dirt themselves if a loved one was trapped in the rubble. Grandpa Lombardi called the Angenas ravens, but that does a disservice to ravens. They’re hyenas, so greedy that they have forgetten their humanity. At least the Lombardis remember what’s really important in life.

Power Uploader
This is the big difference between the Lombardis and the Angenas.

Both of them may be money-centric, but the Lombardis (most of them anywho) would be digging through the dirt themselves if a loved one was trapped in the rubble. Grandpa Lombardi called the Angenas ravens, but that does a disservice to ravens. They’re hyenas, so greedy that they have forgetten their humanity. At least the Lombardis remember what’s really important in life.
Don't know in the original timeline the Lombardis were not great. Like grandpa was not nice and mc struggled a lot and did not get anything in return even without the head changing so... They are nice in this timeline but doubt that any of them would care much in the original timeline if something happened to the mc maybe the dad if he was still alive.

Power Uploader
Tbh, found it intresting how the empress is acting in this chapter. Tbh, not sure if the vase throwing was for having her plans go bad or being sad angry that her dad died. Tbh, like the other option the most. Like that she needs to keep strong to keep the family in power and can't show emotions because everyone around would tear them apart and to be honest lambardi would do that.

Dex-chan lover
one could argue that very quality gives her the ability to be the empress. With a king who takes lovers and has bastard children, that level of planning and deception and even cruelty are needed to keep her position and the position of her children. Of course that also makes her a villain but i dont fault her behavior due to what has forced her to act that way.
True, but as someone who sits at the top and has the power, it is important to know when to be kind, when to be cruel, and when to be human.

Based on all i have seen in the story, she only knows how to be human and how to be cruel. Her kindness is not kindness for her people but a form of exchange for all that they have done, and her cruelty isn't just for punishment or the enemy but also to "encourage" her ally. Even her "love" for her son and the effort to make him the king is just her way to keep be in control when the emperor dies

She is not a benevolent ruler the peasant will love or is she a wise ruler who knows when to be kind and when to be cruel. She is a heartless ruler that rule upon others using fear. So I will fault her behavior not because of the "evil" she has done, but the good she didn't do. "A product of the circumstance" is not a good enough excuse to give her a free pass for not treating her own people good.

I would have agreed with you if she cares about her dead father a little, like a little break on her mask when she hear the news or something. Sadly, even the acting duke Ivan didn't see anything in the novel (chapter 142 btw if you are curious), hence why he is afraid and think the empress is dangerous. Someone who shows no feeling to her own family will not show kindness to her ally after all

Dex-chan lover
Like grandpa was not nice and mc struggled a lot and did not get anything in return even without the head changing so... They are nice in this timeline but doubt that any of them would care much in the original timeline if something happened to the mc maybe the dad if he was still alive.
Lombardi didn't differ much actually. The Lombardi really care about talent, whether they are a commoner or not. This timeline shows that. The only difference is how much the uncle is allowed to mess with the family

In the original timeline the stupid first son was able to drag the family down, replacing the good people working in the house with his people and mismanage the talent the Lombardi foster, letting aunt family got broken because of that cheater, making Clerivan (ok, i forgot his name... Tia's mentor) break off from Lombardi to create a company that could rival the Lombardi headed by the stupid as a revenge, and making grandpa's condition who can't head the family anymore worse since he had to work to keep the family afloat (with Tia who's quality got found out late thanks to that stupid uncle of her and his son sabotaging her since little).

If you re-read the first few chapter of the manhua, grandpa actually cherish Tia and regret that he didn't know about her earlier. He teach everything Tia knows and also protect her from her uncle while still in the Lombardi before being kicked out after grandpa also died. Many good people and talent leave the Lombardi in the original timeline.

Tbh, not sure if the vase throwing was for having her plans go bad or being sad angry that her dad died. Tbh, like the other option the most.
Owh, you don't know how much i wish that is true. I usually one to root for the villain and would respect a genuinely good villain. But for this empress, i can't respect her... She really don't care about others other than herself. She empower the Angenas because that family is hers and not the crown, she love her son because he is her ticket to gain the throne, and she "love" the emperor because he is what give her power. The novel paint her way worse than the manhua, she really is a "Queen without Tears or Blood" there.

Dex-chan lover
True, but as someone who sits at the top and has the power, it is important to know when to be kind, when to be cruel, and when to be human.

Based on all i have seen in the story, she only knows how to be human and how to be cruel. Her kindness is not kindness for her people but a form of exchange for all that they have done, and her cruelty isn't just for punishment or the enemy but also to "encourage" her ally. Even her "love" for her son and the effort to make him the king is just her way to keep be in control when the emperor dies

She is not a benevolent ruler the peasant will love or is she a wise ruler who knows when to be kind and when to be cruel. She is a heartless ruler that rule upon others using fear. So I will fault her behavior not because of the "evil" she has done, but the good she didn't do. "A product of the circumstance" is not a good enough excuse to give her a free pass for not treating her own people good.

I would have agreed with you if she cares about her dead father a little, like a little break on her mask when she hear the news or something. Sadly, even the acting duke Ivan didn't see anything in the novel (chapter 142 btw if you are curious), hence why he is afraid and think the empress is dangerous. Someone who shows no feeling to her own family will not show kindness to her ally after all
I never said she wasn't a horrible person. i am just saying i dont blame her for becoming what she became.

Dex-chan lover
I am just saying i don't blame her for becoming what she became.
And i'm saying that i would have agreed with you that she is not to blame for what she had become IF she shows even a little of feeling when she heard her father died.

She had not shown any sign of kindness and compassion, nor does she show any attachment on anything other than power. Not even to her own family.

That kind of indifference to your own family is not something could be cultivated in a short amount of time, especially if there is no bad blood between them. This woman has been cruel and heartless way before she become an Empress.

Tbh, found it intresting how the empress is acting in this chapter. Tbh, not sure if the vase throwing was for having her plans go bad or being sad angry that her dad died. Tbh, like the other option the most. Like that she needs to keep strong to keep the family in power and can't show emotions because everyone around would tear them apart and to be honest lambardi would do that.
Maybe she sad that her dad is dead or just because she lost one of her piece or just for drama

Or just maybe she already killed her heart

I love the empress. She would fit seamlessly as a game of thrones characters. She knows how to play politics. I'd love it if we get to see a more flawed side of her, not just her cold calculating nature. She doesn't seem blinded by her pride yet, but arrogance is such a cliché flaw that I would like to see something else.

Tbf she did seem quite shaken up in private that she broke the vase. I guess that's the rare time she let her true feelings show.

Or maybe she's upset she can't get more wood 😂😂

Dex-chan lover
She raised the kid like that so its kinda her fault haha she's an incompetent mother
i think she didnt raise him just ordered him around when she sees fit <3
it would be funny if she was playing the pitiful mourning daughter card with the emperor to get a spare heir because her son is so useless

Meo

Double-page supporter
i respect that the empress is a competent antagonist instead of a bumbling fool that couldn't pose a threat to the protagonist. i almost feel bad for her for having THAT crown prince as her son lol what a stain in her villainous career
Oddly enough, I agree with that. I appreciate a cold-hearted villainess as much as the next person.

Her son is very incompetent. Forget about intelligence...he can't even control his emotions 1/10 the way his mother could. Dude goes around wearing his sleeve on his shoulder, to the extent the Emperor was disappointed in him a couple chapters ago.

Lol so she knows enough to fake mourning in front of the emperor but not her allies? Also would the emperor even care?
i don't think the emperor would normally care, but i think she's playing to his sense of masculinity in this case by acting as the weak damsel. this may mess up tia's plan to pin the blame on them for the landslide. though he doesn't respect his wife (see the mistresses and extramarital children), he may feel inclined to protect her out of sheer obligation since she's "grieving". it all depends on how weak willed the emperor is and if he'll get deceived. we've all seen that the man acts in his best interests and he might just try to appease his wife for the time being

Users who are viewing this thread